Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Shatner: Beware Exploding Turkeys!

With the American Thanksgiving holiday approaching, William Shatner and insurance company State Farm have created “Eat, Fry, Love,” a tongue-in-cheek video warning about the dangers of turkey fryers.

Shatner has used a turkey fryer himself in the past. “I love to fry turkey and have been doing it for years but I am not immune to frying accidents,” he said.

ShatnerStock1.gifThe actor is well-qualified to speak to the public regarding turkey fryer accidents, having been the victim of one himself. “In fact, my family now gathers together to watch my mishaps,” Shatner said. “Several years ago I was even burned on my arms after accidently dropping the turkey in the hot oil. People need to remember that hot oil and turkey can be a dangerous combination.”

The video dramatizes Shatner’s own deep-fryer experience. Tips are given at the end of the video regarding how to properly use a turkey fryer, which include a caution about using too much oil, when to turn off the turkey fryer flame, where to fry the turkey (away from the house and not on a wooden deck), turkey preparation prior to deep frying and keeping a grease-fire-approved extinguisher nearby when using the deep fryer.

View the full article