Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

More Voyager!

Maybe it's the fact that I miss the series so much, but does anyone besides me wish that there could be a movie which continues the story line beyond what was in the final episode? I guess I really wanted to get a feel of what was going to happen on earth to a crew that had been lost in space for seven years......especially those who'd been part of the Maquis, and Tom who had been serving time in prison, when the ship was lost. In addition there was Seven, who didn't even remember anything about earth. I would love others opinions about this :)

Guest Ktrek

Gotabite,

It's very unlikely you will ever see a Voyager movie unless Paramount decides to do a mini-series or movie of the week type production. With the high cost of these type of shows though it's unlikely. Also, Paramount has given permission to Simon books to do a re-launch series of books picking up at the last episode of the 7th season. So, perhaps you can get your needs met in the printed page. If the VOY relaunch books are half as good as the DS9 ones you will be in for a treat! :) The first one is due out in June and is a two parter written by Christie Golden called "Homecoming". Hope you enjoy!!

<span style='font-family:Optima'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I just thought of something else that might be of interest to you. It's a webpage called Virtual Voyager. It is a fan fic site that actually is done with a continuing story arc and picks up at the end of the 7th season. The arc was set up for 52 episodes(two seasons) and the stories are written just like they are episodes. Very well done I might add. Check it out here:

Virtual Voyager

Enjoy! :)

Ktrek</span></span>

Maybe it's the fact that I miss the series so much, but does anyone besides me wish that there could be a movie which continues the story line beyond what was in the final episode?  I guess I really wanted to get a feel of what was going to happen on  earth to a crew that had been lost in space for seven years......especially those who'd been part of the Maquis, and Tom who had been serving time in prison, when the ship was lost. In addition there was Seven, who didn't even remember anything about earth.  I would love others opinions about this :bow:

I DO!!!!!!!! I would give all the money clothes and everything for Vo :) :huh: :) :) yager to continue it was the 1 highlight of my day. Now they don't even show reruns. :) :tear::tear:

To ktrek and voyagerboy. Thank you both for your thoughts. I will definitely look for the books that are coming out and I will check out Virtual Voyager......it sounds like fun. Voyagerboy. it seems like you and I are in the same boat. I miss the Voyager series so very much. At least for the moment UPN in my area still shows reruns. When that ends, I'll have to resort to the many VHS tapes I made when the show was still on the air. Again thanks for both of your thoughs. I hope I will also hear from others. :)

I think it would be cool if they did a book about what happens to the crew after they get back but it would be hard to do a movie unless they did a mixed cast.

This is the newest post on this topic since 2003, it's now 2009. Well, for a while in my area in 2007-2008, the channel SPIKE played it, but stopped, damn tv. And both the books would, and are good, but i think we need a movie for it, keep the VOY dream alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally don't care for the novelist's killing of Janeway. I have the vast majority of the STV titles, up to the last two , one being ''Spirit Walk''....beyond that, not too sure...it's not Voyager without Kathryn in it in some capacity, and with other changes....don't know about my continued reading therein...

VOYAGER NEEDS TO COME BACK ON THE AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wether as a made for tv movie, a special or a full blown movie, we need voyager.