Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Shatner Book Re-ignites Feud

Over the years, William Shatner and George Takei have taken shots at one another and Shatner’s new book, due out next month, will only continue their feud.

In his new book, Shatner Rules: Your Guide to Understanding the Shatnerverse and the World at Large, it’s Shatner’s turn to attack Takei.

ShatnerRules092711.jpgTakei has been “”saying mean things about me for nearly forty years now,” said Shatner, who then went on to say a few mean things of his own.

Regarding Takei’s wedding several years ago, Shatner said that contrary to what Takei said, Shatner did not get an invitation. Furthermore, Shatner believes that Takei asked Walter Koenig and Nichelle Nichols to be best man and maid of honor for one reason only, to get media coverage of the wedding.

Takei “says that I have a ‘big, shiny ego,’” wrote Shatner. “Well, actors have big egos. If mine is shiny, it’s because I tend to it very carefully and lovingly. Perhaps George’s needs a good polish.”

Shatner Rules: Your Guide to Understanding the Shatnerverse and the World at Large goes on sale October 4.

View the full article

Sheesh almighty, I wish those two would grow up and get over it. I'm not buying anything either of them writes, unless it's fiction. <_<

I like both of these guys and the characters of Kirk and Sulu. I probably will buy the book because it is bound to be a fun read. I kind of like the feud they have, but at the end of the day they also seem to mention how much they respect the others acting abilities.

All of this feud business just garners publicity for Shatner and Takei and their respective careers. The feud keeps them in the consciousness of the fans and for that matter non-fans and helps fuel book sales and television ratings.