Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Abrams Updates Star Trek 2 Progress

In a short interview with MTV, J.J. Abrams gave an update report on Star Trek 2, talking about what he felt was important when it came to the sequel.

Abrams and the writers met recently and Abrams promised more news would be forthcoming. “We met yesterday,” he said. “We had a big endless meeting, it was great. I think we will have something to talk about really soon.

When pressed to clarify when “soon” would be, Abrams said, “I think within the next month or so we will be able to tell you what’s going on and when and all of that.”

Abrams wants to make sure that everyone associated with the movie will come away happy when it is done. “We are working really hard and this is all to make sure that no one, cast, crew, but mostly the audience isn’t disappointed by what we do,” he said.

Making Star Trek 2 is challenging, due to the fact that one must please audiences familiar with Star Trek XI or Star Trek in general as well as people who may be new to the franchise having never seen any Trek-related show or movie before. “The odd thing about the first one we did is that it was already sort of was a sequel in a weird way,” said Abrams. “It was a reboot, but was kind of not. I think the hardest thing is, well the most important thing is that it doesn’t matter if you have seen the first one or not. It doesn’t matter what the first one was in a way. This has to be a movie that is stands on its own. You can’t just assume everyone is going to love the characters because they are played by great actors or they might have liked the first film. It’s really about starting over and at the same time, you really want to make sure that you hold on to those things that worked in the first one. So it is the obvious stuff.”

</p>Get More: Movie Trailers, Movies Blog

View the full article

Telling us they'll have something to talk about soon is progress? Uh...OK...

:laugh: