Sign in to follow this  
He Who Shall Not Be Named

What Trek episodes & movies sucked?

It's not a matter of getting tired of it, it's more a matter of wanting to keep the Episode Guide more in line for it's intended purpose. http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=29381. Or at least wanting to keep it close to it's intended purpose.

Anyway, on this topic and to answer your question in the other thread, yes there's episodes I would say I disliked. Some a little and some very much so.

I'll post a few that come off the top of my head. In the movie category, Star Trek V was the worst of the TOS crew's movies by far. The only reason to watch it is if you want to watch all of the movies from TMP through Star Trek (2009).

Another horrible movie would be Nemesis and like ST:V the only reason to watch is if you're watching all of them one after another.

Episode wise, TOS season 3 "Spock's Brain" and "The Way to Eden" were pretty bad as were a lot of season 3's episodes.

Most (or at least a lot of) TNG's first season was pretty bad, one episode that comes to mind is "Code of Honor". Another is "Justice". Both just really poor episodes.

In DS9 I never really liked "In The Hands of the Prophets".

In Voyager, most of the first 2 seasons. I can't name any specific episode off the top of my head right now.

Enterprise, "A Night In Sickbay" was pretty bad but one of the things I disliked in Enterprise was the whole Xindi theme that was used for the third season. There were a lot of good episodes in the third season but I hated to see a full season used up on one underlying theme that I didn't really like in the first place. I wish the fourth season had been the third season allowing the fourth season to be what the fifth season was said to have been planned to be.

I'll stop there for now.

TOS: "And The Children Shall Lead". I can't stand that episode. Oh and "The Way To Eden". Can't stand that one either.

TNG: Every episode in which a lame random chick shows up and Jean-Luc falls for her for whatever lame reason. (The exception from this is "The Inner Light". I approve of Eline.) And "Attached", "Remember Me", "Sub Rosa" and pretty much every episode that has too much Crusher for my taste. Can't stand that stupid redhead. I also don't like "The Game". Yuck.

DS9: The Ferengi episodes, mostly. And war episodes. Not my thing. Oh and Ezri episodes. I can't stand Ezri.

VOY: The entire series.

ENT: The entire series.

Movies: Insurrection, Generations and Nemesis.

TOS: "And The Children Shall Lead". I can't stand that episode. Oh and "The Way To Eden". Can't stand that one either.

TNG: Every episode in which a lame random chick shows up and Jean-Luc falls for her for whatever lame reason. (The exception from this is "The Inner Light". I approve of Eline.) And "Attached", "Remember Me", "Sub Rosa" and pretty much every episode that has too much Crusher for my taste. Can't stand that stupid redhead. I also don't like "The Game". Yuck.

DS9: The Ferengi episodes, mostly. And war episodes. Not my thing. Oh and Ezri episodes. I can't stand Ezri.

I'm curious, have you watched all of Enterprise and Voyager?

I'm curious, have you watched all of Enterprise and Voyager?

I have, yes. I forced myself through seven dreadful seasons of Voyager and three seasons of ENT, the first part of the fourth season, then it became too much for me to take and I left out a few episodes because I was angry and frustrated and then watched the last few again only to realize they were even worse - lol.

But yes. I like to know/understand why I dislike something. :Hmmm...: It's not that I watched only a handful of episodes and decided to dislike these two series. I don't care to RE-watch them, though, that much I do admit. Once was enough. Quite. :laugh:

I have, yes. I forced myself through seven dreadful seasons of Voyager and three seasons of ENT, the first part of the fourth season, then it became too much for me to take and I left out a few episodes because I was angry and frustrated and then watched the last few again only to realize they were even worse - lol.

But yes. I like to know/understand why I dislike something. :Hmmm...: It's not that I watched only a handful of episodes and decided to dislike these two series. I don't care to RE-watch them, though, that much I do admit. Once was enough. Quite. :laugh:

Well, in the last part of the 4th season of Enterprise there were some excellent (in my opinion) episodes. I especially liked the 3 part Vulcan story.

So out of 170 or so Voyager episodes and 75 or 80 Enterprise episodes there wasn't a single episode that you'd have rated as "ok" or at least as "doesn't suck"? lol Not even the episodes Patrick Stewart was in?

Well, in the last part of the 4th season of Enterprise there were some excellent (in my opinion) episodes. I especially liked the 3 part Vulcan story.

So out of 170 or so Voyager episodes and 75 or 80 Enterprise episodes there wasn't a single episode that you'd have rated as "ok" or at least as "doesn't suck"? lol Not even the episodes Patrick Stewart was in?

He was not in any VOY episodes. (Fortunately!) I remember Janeway MENTIONING Jean-Luc, but that was all. And ENT... they only used a scene from "Menage A Troi" and we only see Jean-Luc's back. And that was in "These Are The Voyages", and THAT episode is NO, lol. If he truly had been in any VOY or ENT episodes, I still wouldn't like them. I don't like most of the TNG movies either, after all. :huh:

There was indeed one single Voy episode that I remember liking somewhat. Janeway had a clear purpose and a clear way of doing things for a change. It was "Living Witness". ENT... no, not really.

He was not in any VOY episodes. (Fortunately!) I remember Janeway MENTIONING Jean-Luc, but that was all. And ENT... they only used a scene from "Menage A Troi" and we only see Jean-Luc's back. And that was in "These Are The Voyages", and THAT episode is NO, lol. If he truly had been in any VOY or ENT episodes, I still wouldn't like them. I don't like most of the TNG movies either, after all. :huh:

There was indeed one single Voy episode that I remember liking somewhat. Janeway had a clear purpose and a clear way of doing things for a change. It was "Living Witness". ENT... no, not really.

Are you sure he wasn't in any? I think you may have to sit down and watch every single episode just to make sure... lol

Living Witness was a good episode, of course the only 'real' character in that one was the Doctor though because it takes place hundreds of years into the future and the Voyager crew that we see are all simulations.

Are you sure he wasn't in any? I think you may have to sit down and watch every single episode just to make sure... lol

Living Witness was a good episode, of course the only 'real' character in that one was the Doctor though because it takes place hundreds of years into the future and the Voyager crew that we see are all simulations.

Nice try. :Hmmm...: No, I don't think I want to watch these two series again. I've had quite enough. :laugh:

That's precisely the point - a simulation manages to finally have a clear purpose and act straight-forward. What does that say about the real Janeway, I wonder. But then, the beauty of all this is that I don't HAVE to watch Voyager. :huh: I'm fine with TOS and TNG.

Nice try. :Hmmm...: No, I don't think I want to watch these two series again. I've had quite enough. :laugh:

That's precisely the point - a simulation manages to finally have a clear purpose and act straight-forward. What does that say about the real Janeway, I wonder. But then, the beauty of all this is that I don't HAVE to watch Voyager. :huh: I'm fine with TOS and TNG.

lol Well, I tried. If you do ever decide to watch a few Enterprise episodes, and if you didn't see them before I'd suggest watching "The Forge", "The Awakening" and "Kir'Shara" from the 4th season, 3 episodes that I think were very good (it's a 3 parter).

^

Yuck, no. I hate what they did to the Vulcans in ENT. I remember disliking these with a passion, so, nah. I'm not interested. In ENT even less than in VOY. :Hmmm...:

^

Yuck, no. I hate what they did to the Vulcans in ENT. I remember disliking these with a passion, so, nah. I'm not interested. In ENT even less than in VOY. :Hmmm...:

Those three episodes actually explain and correct the reasons you hate the way they did the Vulcans, but that's ok. I'm not trying to talk you into it. Just suggesting you check those three out if you ever decided to re-sample the series. :laugh:

Those three episodes were a bit too talky and the action sequences seemed forced imo, especially when compared to the perfect balance between talking and action of the prior three episodes, but I really liked the story. I have to recommend it. :Hmmm...:

The Trek Saga reaching implications of it were amazing. (It even brought greater validity, (not saying canonized) to some of the most beloved Trek novels of all time.) Of course some label it pure fanwank but some are never happy no matter what is done.

My most despised episode of all time is VOYs: The Chute. What a wad of Colon Blow. I finished watching its premier but hated it so I haven't revisited it since. It may have some redeeming quality I overlooked or just didn't get at the time but I don't care, I wouldn't revisit that steaming pile to save me life.

Those three episodes were a bit too talky and the action sequences seemed forced imo, especially when compared to the perfect balance between talking and action of the prior three episodes, but I really liked the story. I have to recommend it. :Hmmm...:

The Trek Saga reaching implications of it were amazing. (It even brought greater validity, (not saying canonized) to some of the most beloved Trek novels of all time.) Of course some label it pure fanwank but some are never happy no matter what is done.

My most despised episode of all time is VOYs: The Chute. What a wad of Colon Blow. I finished watching its premier but hated it so I haven't revisited it since. It may have some redeeming quality I overlooked or just didn't get at the time but I don't care, I wouldn't revisit that steaming pile to save me life.

Yeah, I never really liked The Chute either. In fact I've thought about re-watching it a few times recently but opted not to each time.

I must have not taste at all. I was having a hard time remembering it ( the Chute) so I went too You Tube and checked out some of it. I like it.

That's cool, Bethlehem. IDIC, and all that. I am happy someone got some enjoyment out of it. That at least keeps it from being a total waste of time, effort and video tape.

The "Suck Trek" that I can recall are Star Trek: The Motion Picture & The Final Frontier, the TOS episodes Spock's Brain, And the Children Shall Lead, The Way to Eden (gag), the TNG episodes Code of Honor, Justice, Angel One, Up the Long Ladder, Samaritan Snare, and Sub Rosa (gag!). There's one in DS9 that has Avery Brooks overly-over-acting, but I can't think of the episode.

TOS: None. I like them all.

TNG: The Outrageous Okona. I liked the guest turn of Teri Hatcher, but the story never did it for me.

DS9: If WIshes Were Horses. A story about a game board in which the DS9 denizens are game pieces...really!? SO bad the Parker Bros. are puking.

VOY: Endgame. I thought this one could've ended much better imo.

ENT: None. I liked them all. I thought it was overall a good series that was underappreciated imo.

Films: Insurrection and Star Trek (2009). These two struck me as being more non - canonical than anything else in the Trek universe. It is their unbelievability that turns me off.

I really liked "Move Along Home" too.

"If Wishes Were Horses" was the episode where 3 aliens want to study aspects of fantasy or imagination on DS9, one poses as a duplicate of Dax for Julian and is his "fantasy, submissive" Dax. One poses as Buck Bokai, the baseball player that Jake plays baseball in the holodeck with and the other poses as Rumplestilskin.

Wait, I think you confused If Wishes were Horses with Move Along Home.

I need to revisit If Wishes were Horses 'cause it's fuzzy, but I remember Move Along Home; I loved it! It reminded me of my favorite, and also somewhat kooky but beloved TOS episodes.

Yeah, I think you may be right here. Move Along Home was the ep I was thinking of. "If Wishes Were Horses" wasn't that bad or good either. Kind of a mediocre ep. Thanks for clarifying that. I guess I have absent far too long on these boards.:Hmmm...:

OK, VBG suggested I start this topic since he got tired of me saying "didn't see it" for his reviews.

I'm guessing there will be a lot of odd-numbered movies and Enterprise episodes here.

LOL I am not going to bash Enterprise episodes, even if it can be easy. Not going to do the same to those odd number Trek movies, because we all know there is that weird issue that the odd ones tend to be bad. Instead I will go woth a even one, that while I like, I have to say it did kinda suck. Star Trek Nemesis, I say this because I saw this opening day. When I heard 1 that Brent was helping write it I was excited. When I heard Data would die I cried. I finally see the movie, and it was uninpressive. It ignored preveriously canon information, and over all just left a bad taste in my mouth. Also now that I have seen the last Batman movie, now I just can't watch it without laughing so hard. All I hear when Shinzon is talking to Picard, all I hear is his horrid Bane voice.

I'm very hesitant to say any Star Trek "sucked" because I would gladly trade just about every show on television today for the WORST of Star Trek. We need a new series. :)

I'm very hesitant to say any Star Trek "sucked" because I would gladly trade just about every show on television today for the WORST of Star Trek. We need a new series. :)

HOW RIGHT YOU ARE!!! :thumbs: