Sign in to follow this  
trekz

Wil Wheaton attends Stand By Me film anniversary

25 years later, 'Stand By Me' cast reunites

Jerry O'Connell, Corey Feldman, Wil Wheaton turn out for anniversary interview

Director Rob Reiner (from left), actors Wil Wheaton, Corey Feldman, Jerry O'Connell and Richard Dreyfuss attend the 25th anniversary interview with the director and cast of "Stand By Me" at the Falcon Theater in Toluca Lake, Calif., on Wednesday, March 16.

Us Weekly

updated 3/18/2011 11:28:51 AM ET 2011-03-18T15:28:51

- The gang's all grown up! On Thursday, Jerry O'Connell, Corey Feldman and Wil Wheaton — the three remaining principal stars of "Stand by Me" — reunited at the Falcon Theater in Toluca Lake, Calif.

The occasion: The 25th anniversary (with accompanying DVD/Blue-Ray release) of the coming-of-age 50s-era 1986 classic. (Director Rob Reiner and narrator Richard Dreyfuss were also on hand for the look back.)

O'Connell, now 37, Feldman, now 39, and Wheaton, now 37, played pals barely in their teens on the hunt for a dead body, based on a story written by Stephen King.

Sorely missed from the reunion: Their famous costar River Phoenix, who made a legendary impression in the moving flick, and died of a drug overdose in 1993 at the age of 23.

As for Phoenix's costars? O'Connell (who was a pudgy pre-teen in the flick) is now married with twins to Rebecca Romjin and stars in the TV series "The Defenders." Wheaton went on to become a regular on "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and other sci-fi TV shows and films, and has a popular blog, Wil Wheaton Dot Net. He's also married with two stepsons. Feldman has had his own struggles with drugs and alcohol, and in 2010 mourned the loss of his pal and fellow child star Corey Haim. He is now a lead singer for the band The Truth Movement.

Copyright 2011 Us Weekly

I thought Stand By Me was a great film. I'd forgotten that Richard Dreyfuss narrated it.

It's interesting that some classic films are doing these 20 or 25 year reunions. Some nostalgia, plus I'm sure there are special editions being released too. Back To the Future had a reunion recently I believe.

I can't stop thinking about how it's been 25 years! lol

What a great film though. My favorite part is the pie eating 'story', it is so over the top funny.

Suppose he doesn't have much else to do.

Let' see ... TNG, Stand by Me ... what else did he do?

Oh yeah, nothing.

L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L

The Yar Yar Binks of the Star Trek Universe indeed! lol

^ "Suppose he doesn't have much else to do."

Let's see. He's married and has two stepchildren - meaning he has a real personal life.

You may not like his movie appearances but he has appeared in more than Stand By Me - over twenty other movies in fact, some being small appearances, and does voice work in others including (some Romulans) in Star Trek (2009).

He has done voice work in videogames. Since 1990 he has apppeared in about 40 TV shows, including 3 appearances on The Big Bang Theory (which contains many Star Trek references).

Wheaton runs his own weblog, Wil Wheaton Dot Net, which has resulted in books. He has done other writing. He has made Star Trek con and Comic Con appearances the last 5 years.

I appreciate when any actor celebrates the anniversary of a successful, popular movie - which is what Stand By Me is. But Wil Wheaton has done more than that, and he continues to.

25 years later, 'Stand By Me' cast reunites

Jerry O'Connell, Corey Feldman, Wil Wheaton turn out for anniversary interview

Director Rob Reiner (from left), actors Wil Wheaton, Corey Feldman, Jerry O'Connell and Richard Dreyfuss attend the 25th anniversary interview with the director and cast of "Stand By Me" at the Falcon Theater in Toluca Lake, Calif., on Wednesday, March 16.

Us Weekly

updated 3/18/2011 11:28:51 AM ET 2011-03-18T15:28:51

- The gang's all grown up! On Thursday, Jerry O'Connell, Corey Feldman and Wil Wheaton — the three remaining principal stars of "Stand by Me" — reunited at the Falcon Theater in Toluca Lake, Calif.

The occasion: The 25th anniversary (with accompanying DVD/Blue-Ray release) of the coming-of-age 50s-era 1986 classic. (Director Rob Reiner and narrator Richard Dreyfuss were also on hand for the look back.)

O'Connell, now 37, Feldman, now 39, and Wheaton, now 37, played pals barely in their teens on the hunt for a dead body, based on a story written by Stephen King.

Sorely missed from the reunion: Their famous costar River Phoenix, who made a legendary impression in the moving flick, and died of a drug overdose in 1993 at the age of 23.

As for Phoenix's costars? O'Connell (who was a pudgy pre-teen in the flick) is now married with twins to Rebecca Romjin and stars in the TV series "The Defenders." Wheaton went on to become a regular on "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and other sci-fi TV shows and films, and has a popular blog, Wil Wheaton Dot Net. He's also married with two stepsons. Feldman has had his own struggles with drugs and alcohol, and in 2010 mourned the loss of his pal and fellow child star Corey Haim. He is now a lead singer for the band The Truth Movement.

Copyright 2011 Us Weekly

thats awsome i remember that he was in lot stuff all them!!! :notworthy::thumbs:

I thought Stand By Me was a great film. I'd forgotten that Richard Dreyfuss narrated it.

It's interesting that some classic films are doing these 20 or 25 year reunions. Some nostalgia, plus I'm sure there are special editions being released too. Back To the Future had a reunion recently I believe.

richard too cool also!!!!

He was in Toy Soldiers which sucked.

He was in a lawnmower commercial.

He made an ass of himself on The Weakest Link.

lot stuff besides trek i guess..!!!!

^ "Suppose he doesn't have much else to do."

Let's see. He's married and has two stepchildren - meaning he has a real personal life.

You may not like his movie appearances but he has appeared in more than Stand By Me - over twenty other movies in fact, some being small appearances, and does voice work in others including (some Romulans) in Star Trek (2009).

He has done voice work in videogames. Since 1990 he has apppeared in about 40 TV shows, including 3 appearances on The Big Bang Theory (which contains many Star Trek references).

Wheaton runs his own weblog, Wil Wheaton Dot Net, which has resulted in books. He has done other writing. He has made Star Trek con and Comic Con appearances the last 5 years.

I appreciate when any actor celebrates the anniversary of a successful, popular movie - which is what Stand By Me is. But Wil Wheaton has done more than that, and he continues to.

i agree been along time since been looked like sites been boogered shame people ruin good sites!!!!