Sign in to follow this  
archerfan

Question about 'The Xindi'

I just rewatched 'The Xindi' and I have some questions....

Click for Spoiler:

Why was the planet gone? Why did the Xindi captive believe the planet was still there or did he? How could it have been gone for 150 years already? What are you thoughts? Were the heck was Travis when T'pol was in command and they were awaiting the 2 shuttle pods to return to the ship? Shouldn't he have been there in that situation?

:blink:

Also, I sure enjoyed watching that female MACO kick but again. They should bring her character back. I see potential for Reed. :blink:

I enjoyed this episode a lot, and Reed's intimation about his family's military history was a good continuation of his development as a character. The way that history influenced his perception concerning the MACO Officer's suggestion about the makeup of the rescue party was a nice touch.

Click for Spoiler:

Why was the planet gone? Why did the Xindi captive believe the planet was still there or did he? How could it have been gone for 150 years already? What are you thoughts? Were the heck was Travis when T'pol was in command and they were awaiting the 2 shuttle pods to return to the ship? Shouldn't he have been there in that situation?

:blink:

In reply:

Click for Spoiler:

The Xindi homeworld was destroyed...unfortunately, the cause has not yet been revealed in season 3. I have a theory that maybe the Xindi destroyed their own world...but I still can't piece that one together. I mean....the one thing that I don't understand is HOW they KNOW that humans are going to destroy their world in 400 years? Do they have some kind of link with future guy too? As for the individual Xindi in the mine, I don't remember hearing a specific amount of time that he had been there. I don't think he would use his dying breath to give fake coordinates...but you never know with these Xindi!

I wasn't paying much attention to Travis, but he was in one of the shuttle pods with the MACOs. I guess they have a REALLY good secondary helmsman.

Click for Spoiler:

I mean....the one thing that I don't understand is HOW they KNOW that humans are going to destroy their world in 400 years? Do they have some kind of link with future guy too? 

Click for Spoiler:

I was thinking the same thing. There must be some sort of connection between TCW and the Xindi war. The only think I can think of is that for some reason they destroyed the homeworld so Enterprise couldn't learn about them, knowing they could go back and change the time line. Or maybe that was just the homeworld for the captive Xindi's unique species and it was destroyed in some sort of civil war. It very interesting to contemplate.

I guess i did't notice Travis on the MACO shuttle pod. That makes sense they would need the best helmsman they could get for the rescue mission

To at least partially answer you question:

Click for Spoiler:

When Archer headed into the Expanse with the info Future Guy gave him, Archer knew only that the Xindi world is in the Expanse. Archer asked for and got the coordinates to the Xindi home world, two different things.

Let me pose this question to you:

If you encountered someone and you were uncertain of their intent, would you give them the directions to your home?

This was an easy out for the Xindi slave. He could tell the truth without giving anything away.

As to how and why the Xindi home world was destroyed, I guess we will all have to stay tuned.

Click for Spoiler:

Another possible explanation is that the planet we saw destroyed was not the Xindi home world at all. The Xindi slave could have lied right? (I don't know why) We've seen the Xindi council and their surroundings don't look makeshift or like they just moved there. I think the home world is intact but still hidden from our intrepid heroes.

Click for Spoiler:

If you encountered someone and you were uncertain of their intent, would you give them the directions to your home?

This was an easy out for the Xindi slave. He could tell the truth without giving anything away.

As to how and why the Xindi home world was destroyed, I guess we will all have to stay tuned.

Click for Spoiler:

Why would the Xindi slave feel the need, at all, to divulge the coordinates with his last breath if he knew the planet had been destroyed? Maybe as a joke on Archer? If he had remained alive, I can see him giving Archer the coordinates because of the promise he made. Still couldn't he just tell Archer my homeworld was destroyed 150 years ago if he wanted to be truthful? Based on that assumption, at this point I can only assume that maybe he didn't know that the planet was destroyed. The Xindi must have a much longer life span than humans more like Vulcans and his homeworld had been destroyed sometime during his lifetime but he didn't know it..How could you not know for 150 years that your homeworld was destroyed? It's all very confusing. I can't wait to find out what really happened.

Click for Spoiler:

Maybe the coordinates the Xindi slave gave Archer was to HIS homeworld not the original Xindi homeworld.The Xidi may have colonies all around the Expanse and the destroyed world Archer and crew found was just one of many Xindi colonized planets.

Oh my!  B) This is like a sick game of fill in the blanks.

84343[/snapback]

Here are all the quotes with spoliers fixed:

Click For Spoiler

B)

83338[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

B)

In reply:

Click For Spoiler

83459[/snapback]

To at least partially answer you question:

Click For Spoiler

83530[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

83542[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

83543[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

83586[/snapback]

Spoiler tags broke because of upgrades to the board. To view broken spoilers in the future you may temporarily quote the posts for reading contents or PM a Mod asking they be fixed. (send the URL)