Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Two Trek Actors In Big Bang Theory?

Fans of The Big Bang Theory who also like Star Trek will have a double dose of enjoyment as George Takei is scheduled to appear on the show, and if all goes well, Wil Wheaton may return.

Takei will appear in an episode, in a cameo, playing himself, opposite guest star Katee Sackhoff.

Takei080210.gifAccording to executive producer Bill Prady, Takei and Sackhoff will play different sides of Wolowitz’s conscience. “George Takei plays himself,” said Prady, “and he’s the other person guiding Wolowitz [Simon Helberg] in his thoughts as he tries to figure out what to do about Bernadette.” Bernadette (Melissa Rauchberg) is Wolowitz’s ex-girlfriend and he is thinking about getting back together with her.

Prady spoke about his hopes for getting another Star Trek actor, The Next Generation’s Wil Wheaton, back on the show. Wheaton appeared on the show twice Wheaton150-090110.gifin the third season, playing Sheldon’s (Jim Parsons) enemy. “We started talking about the idea of minor celebrities cutting in line,” said Prady. “And we thought it might be funny to have our guys waiting in line for a one-time-only midnight screening of something like Raiders Of The Lost Ark with restored footage, and Wil Wheaton and three of his friends cut the line.

“When it comes time for our guys to get in, the line stops – Wil took the last four seats and Sheldon is just furious. Because it doesn’t make sense to him. Wil’s celebrity is not applicable here. This is not Star Trek. It’s just wrong.”

This story would be based on a real life incident in Las Vegas. “We were mostly talking about our good friend Adam Savage from Mythbusters,” explained Prady. “He was apparently in Las Vegas, there was a Star Trek auction, and there was a preview and he got to cut the line.”

The fourth season of The Big Bang Theory begins on September 23.

View the full article

As most of you know, I am not a Star Trek fan at all. But this show, Big Bang Theory, cracks me up every week. I blame Kevin each and every time I understand a Star Trek reference.

As most of you know, I am not a Star Trek fan at all. But this show, Big Bang Theory, cracks me up every week. I blame Kevin each and every time I understand a Star Trek reference.

NOT A TREK FAN. How sad, :clap::clap: how ever all may not be lost if you are a Leinenkugel's fan :clap:

NOT A TREK FAN. How sad, :clap::clap: how ever all may not be lost if you are a Leinenkugel's fan :clap:

Nope, not a beer drinker.

NOT A TREK FAN. How sad, :jaw::clap: how ever all may not be lost if you are a Leinenkugel's fan :clap:

Not Trek Not Beer, probably not a BEARS FAN. What about Volleyball? :clap:

NOT A TREK FAN. How sad, :jaw::clap: how ever all may not be lost if you are a Leinenkugel's fan :clap:

Only watch the Bears when they are playing the Packers. Only watch volleyball when my niece is playing. Anything else? Lol

Only watch the Bears when they are playing the Packers. Only watch volleyball when my niece is playing. Anything else? Lol

VBG and AE said you like Alabama. Country Music is great and they are a great group

VBG and AE said you like Alabama. Country Music is great and they are a great group

Finally! Something we agree on! Whoo hoo!

you are aware of the name of this site? lol

Yes, I am aware. If I remember correctly, and VBG can verify this, it didn't start out as STF.

Yes, I am aware. If I remember correctly, and VBG can verify this, it didn't start out as STF.

Interesting, what did it start out as?

Interesting, what did it start out as?

It originally started out as a board for fans of the group Alabama. I think that lasted about 2 days. :clap:

I did what now? :clap: Though I believe it to be true, I don't remember saying that to anyone. *shrugs*

It was during the posts when I asked how you were the number 2 member. VBG and you were giving me a quick run down on it. I did not go back too see which one of you made the comment exactly. Sorry if I miss stated that.

For anyone interested, the episode of Big Bang Theory with George Takei and Katee Sackhoff is airing this Thursday, Oct. 14th. The show airs on CBS at 8:00 eastern/7:00 central.

I did what now? :congrats: Though I believe it to be true, I don't remember saying that to anyone. *shrugs*

It was during the posts when I asked how you were the number 2 member. VBG and you were giving me a quick run down on it. I did not go back too see which one of you made the comment exactly. Sorry if I miss stated that.

Oh, okay. No problem.

:clap: I'd better set the DVR before I forget...

The episode was pretty funny. Takei appeared to be costumed similar to the way he was in ST III. Sackhoff appeared in bed at one point .... fully clothed in her Galactica uniform.