Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Favourite Data Episode

What is your favourite Data episode?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Data episode?

• Datalore
    • The Offspring
    • Brothers
    • Data's Day
    • Hero Worship
    • Time's Arrow
    • Fistful of Datas
    • Descent
    • Phantasm
    • Thine Own Self

Thats easy my fav data episode is Fistful of Datas..i loved that episode but datalore comes in at a close second.

The Offspring is my favorite Data episode. Data never attempted to reproduce again after that loss, even though he said he felt nothing.

I would love to have had someone ask Data, after he received his emotion chip, how he the loss of Lal now affects him.

The Measure of a Man for me. That was a great story. I also enjoy Phantasms.

Here's a question for all you Data fans:

What is the only episode in which Data doesn't appear?

297668[/snapback]

You don't really think you could stump me did you.

Answer:

Click For Spoiler

It has to be "Measure Of A Man".

All the actors in that episode were simply superb in their performances with a very thought-provoking premise.

An excellent example of what Star Trek should be used for. Intelligent dignified drama that respects the viewer.

Pure brilliance.

297668[/snapback]

You don't really think you could stump me did you.

Answer:

Click For Spoiler

297683[/snapback]

Hey it was worth a shot.

From what I've read only Picard and Riker appear in every episode. For DS9 its Sisko and Kira and for Voyager its Janeway, Chakotay, Tuvok and Paris. I think for Enterprise its Archer, T'pol, and Trip (but don't quote me on that). For TOS (if you include the Cage) Spock is the only one. Of course, without the Cage I'm sure Kirk was in every ep.

I voted for Offspring (its the best on a purely emotional level) but I also love The Measure of a Man (one of the few times TNG really confronts an issue rather than being just great sci-fi)

but lets give some credit, it is the wonderful performance by Nicolas Coster as Admiral Haftel that really drives home the emotional impact at the end.

That Data's fight to save his daughter would have such a strong effect on the man who had so little regard for either Data or Lal makes it that much more meaningful.

and am I the only one who thinks they blew it by not keeping Lal alive and as a member of the cast.

Just change the ending to "the Admiral changed his mind in the wake of Lal's near death and believes Data should continue to oversee her development on the Enterprise" Was that so hard? :lol:

Just Imagine,Ten Forward Happy Hour :lol:

Data:"Commander Riker, what are your intentions toward my daughter?" :laugh::spock:

post-1734-1106409363.jpg

Edited by Mr.Tricorder

and am I the only one who thinks they blew it by not keeping Lal alive and as a member of the cast.

Just change the ending to "the Admiral changed his mind in the wake of Lal's near death and believes Data should continue to oversee her development on the Enterprise" Was that so hard? :spock:

No, Mr. Tricorder.. you are not the only one. It would have been nice for her to have become at least a recurring character. She could have done as Wesley did and go to the Academy... then return back as part of the crew, so that she could remain with her father. I know the whole point of the plot was to have her death be a growth in character for her dad...but it does not mean that I have to agree with that idea. But, if you also think about it.... Nemesis would have taken on a WHOLE new meaning and scenario, I am pretty sure.

Just change the ending to "the Admiral changed his mind in the wake of Lal's near death and believes Data should continue to oversee her development on the Enterprise" Was that so hard? :spock:

297740[/snapback]

I think Lal had to die, not only for growth reasons for Data as Yillara mentions, but also it wouldn't have been believable for Data to succeed on his first try. Yes, his intelligence is much greater than humans however it takes more than intelligence to create a life form of the complexity of an android. I would have liked to see him try again though.

297740[/snapback]

I think Lal had to die, not only for growth reasons for Data as Yillara mentions, but also it wouldn't have been believable for Data to succeed on his first try. Yes, his intelligence is much greater than humans however it takes more than intelligence to create a life form of the complexity of an android. I would have liked to see him try again though.

297880[/snapback]

You do have a point, Takara. His own father had failed three times in the creation of his children before Lore (I know it is questionable on whether or not B4 was truly one of the three). Especially since he himself had said in the episode that the process of transfer he was trying was a new one he had learned at the conference. I can still wish that she did not die, but I can see what you are saying. I can agree also that I definately would have liked to see him attempt again.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I had to go with Offspring, but my first thought was Data's Day. I also loved Hero Worship.

Is the one with Sarjenka on the list? (I don't know the title.) He was wonderful in that one too.

I had to go with Offspring, but my first thought was Data's Day.  I also loved Hero Worship. 

Is the one with Sarjenka on the list?  (I don't know the title.)  He was wonderful in that one too.

297927[/snapback]

You are referring to the episode "Pen Pals". I agree he was great in that one. I do not see it on the list though

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I would have liked Lal to stick around a couple few episodes at least but no biggie. One major favorite Data episode of mine is Times Arrow 1 & 2.