Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Favourite Data Episode

What is your favourite Data episode?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Data episode?

• Datalore
    • The Offspring
    • Brothers
    • Data's Day
    • Hero Worship
    • Time's Arrow
    • Fistful of Datas
    • Descent
    • Phantasm
    • Thine Own Self

Funny, but since the characters on the holodeck are not really Data, i never really think of that one as a Data episode. I get too into characters.

I know what you mean but I just love what happens with Data outside the holodeck - the accent, the old west talk. That is so funny.

I think of it more as a Worf episode but I do include it in lists of Data episodes too since there is so visually so much Data.

I voted the Offspring, but truthfully it's been a long time since I've seen most of the episodes on the poll. I thinking I manly voted for this one because I've seen it several times recently. And also of course because it's a great episode!

I voted the Offspring, but truthfully it's been a long time since I've seen most of the episodes on the poll. I thinking I manly voted for this one because I've seen it several times recently. And also of course because it's a great episode!

i love offspring. I know I've said it before, but its just one of those "watch the tape then rewind to the begining then watch it again and repeat" episodes for me.

Fistful of Data's Id consider both equally. I mean, Data had the subplot, AND he appeared in practically every scene (not necessarily as Data, though), AND the title of the episode IS Fistful of DATA's...but it Worf had the main story and it was kind of about him and Alexander, so both it is.

["Measure of a Man" was not on there?! That is a shame because it is the best Data episode... ever! Alright, alright, everyone's got their own opinions. And I read that stuff about Picard. I agree, it was a little about Picard... but hey, he's the cap'n. You have to expect him to intrude on other peoples' episodes. It's his job.

I just think this really shows who Data is. To us, he's a person. He's a real person just like any of us. And that's who he is to the Enterprise crew. A friend, someone they can trust and count on, someone they can play poker with. But when you step outside of the Enterprise, you see how everyone else sees him. A machine. A walking computer. Nothing more. And I think it really reminds us that he is much more than that. Picard's speech was so moving and beautiful. And it had such a powerful ending.

This also happens to be one of my favorite TNG episodes in general. Just because of that impact it had on me. It left me thinking... wow. Those are the ones that tend to be my favorites. The ones that leave me thinking for days after. Of course, it could be one of my favorites because it revolves around my favorite character...

Very eloquently said, beedrill!. I think I might have voted for that, too, if it had been on there...

I agree with Beedrill that M of a man ROCKEd for the way it made us think. Data stated many times (or maybe it's jsut that i saw it many times) that the Enterprise was the first place he really made friends, feel like he belonged, felt like he was treated like a PERSON.

I find that so hard to believe sometimes though. It seemed like all the people who were guests on the ship thought he was charming. I think even Q liked him in his own...weird...way.

How was it that it even took Star Fleet THREE YEARS to confirm that Data was not a threat (they studied he after he was found)

However, I think Data's day showcased just how much emotion our emotionless friend could understand at the point an how there even seemed to be a good bit that he could....IMO....feel.

I voted for "The Offspring" because it was a great episode dealing with Fmaily and getting more into Data's Rights. The ending is touching and overall its a great story. However, my only pet peeve with it was that it seemed like it was "Measure of a Man" redux. Its not a bad thing persay, but it could have been better.

Another great episode that wasn't on the list was Birthright I. The final dream sequence is one of treks best in the entire franchise.

I agree with Beedrill that M of a man ROCKEd for the way it made us think. Data stated many times (or maybe it's jsut that i saw it many times) that the Enterprise was the first place he really made friends, feel like he belonged, felt like he was treated like a PERSON.

I find that so hard to believe sometimes though. It seemed like all the people who were guests on the ship thought he was charming. I think even Q liked him in his own...weird...way.

How was it that it even took Star Fleet THREE YEARS to confirm that Data was not a threat (they studied he after he was found)

However, I think Data's day showcased just how much emotion our emotionless friend could understand at the point an how there even seemed to be a good bit that he could....IMO....feel.

I agree with this too...

Stardate:213422.9

I voted for Times Arrow because of the reaction Data had to his own death.I wonder what his reaction would be to him actually dieing in Nemesis.I also liked Decent because we finnaly got to see a dark side to data.

A measure to a man.. No hesitation...

I really love that episode, I watched it soooooo many times I know it by heart.

But, for the pool, I vote for the offspring.. Really moving episode, and sooo sad at the end.

For me it is The Measure of a Man, but out of you list I would go for Datalore. I really liked that episode when it first aired.

Anyone noticed how the earlier seasons of TNG was more violent than later? In Datalore Lore started kicking Data in the head, Conspiracy and Skin of Evil are other examples.

Do you think it was a g ood or bad thing and why do you believe the series changed over time?

Anyone noticed how the earlier seasons of TNG was more violent than later? In Datalore Lore started kicking Data in the head, Conspiracy and Skin of Evil are other examples.

Do you think it was a g ood or bad thing and why do you believe the series changed over time?

That sounds like a great new topic. You might get more replies if you post it as a new one rather than here.

I thouroughly agree with ensign_beedrill! this would make for an interesting poll....and if a poll has already been started, I will try and catch it...

Wow, i've never seen so many Data avatars, attracted to a topic!

Ahh, like guys to the remote control. Children to the ice-cream truck. Football fans to the SuperBowl.

Wow, i've never seen so many Data avatars, attracted to a topic!

Ahh, like guys to the remote control. Children to the ice-cream truck. Football fans to the SuperBowl.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!! Well...we just can't help it! :o And the cool thing is the avatars for him are soo good(Thanks to all those who provided them! :D )!!!

Plus, this thread is really fun too...

My favorite Data ep is the one were they are in the Holodeck, you know troi worf and alexander and they get stuck in it and all the characters look like data... I cant remember the name of it so I did not vote.

My favorite Data ep is the one were they are in the Holodeck, you know troi worf and alexander and they get stuck in it and all the characters look like data... I cant remember the name of it so I did not vote.

That episode was Fistful of Datas. A classic episode in my opinion.

fistful.gifannie1.gif

thats it !!!!!!! thanx Takara!!!!

Im thinkin that maybe I should pay more attention to the titles of eps!!! lol