Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Favourite Data Episode

What is your favourite Data episode?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Data episode?

• Datalore
    • The Offspring
    • Brothers
    • Data's Day
    • Hero Worship
    • Time's Arrow
    • Fistful of Datas
    • Descent
    • Phantasm
    • Thine Own Self

Which is your favourite episode featuring the lovable android and why? If I haven't included it in the poll let us know what is your favourite.

I voted for Brothers although I love them all. I liked the time that Data was able to spend with Dr. Soong (before and after Lore) was wonderful. I think it was an amazing episode for Brent Spiner - playing 3 major characters in one episode :)

Was Birthright the one where Data had his first dream? I think it was and that is my second choice behind Time's Arrow in the #1 spot.

Talk about killer cliffhanger.... of all the cliffhangers in TNG, TA was the keenest for picking up the ball in part two with the same sprit with which part one ended with; it's just the best!

Guest Ktrek

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

A

L

E

R

T

I voted for "A Fistful Of Datas" but only because my favorite Data episode was not listed, which is "The Most Toys". this is an intriguing episode on many levels. A fascinating study on the human psyche and collecting things. The desire to "posess" even if it's another being. My favorite part is at the end when Data gets beamed on board at the last minute right when he had made a moral decision that it would be necessary to actually kill Fajo. O'Brien detects a weapons discharge during transport and when Data is asked about it he makes a comment and said that something must have gone wrong during the transport. Data lied????????????????????? :) :) Anyway, it is a fascinating episode about morals.

Ktrek

I thought The Most Toys was a great episode too. The biggest problem I had in doing the poll is there are SOOO many great Data episodes and only 10 choices could be listed. I thought the ending was great too. The only thing I didn't really like was the lavender outfit but that is for a different thread, right Sisters.

I voted for Times Arrow I loved every ones reaction to knowing Data was going to die and how Data was almost happy(if he could be happy that is) :)

all hail Bev!! :)

I thought The Most Toys was a great episode too.  The biggest problem I had in doing the poll is there are SOOO many great Data episodes and only 10 choices could be listed.  I thought the ending was great too.  The only thing I didn't really like was the lavender outfit but that is for a different thread, right Sisters.

Yes, I remember the thread, Takara! He still managed to look good in lavender!

Anyway I voted for The Offspring like I had in the previous version of the poll! And I also think of all the character polls, this one is the toughest for me and was sheer torture to decide again!!! Everything about the episode I liked, except I extremely DISLIKE Haftel and the fact that Lal died!

As for all the other episodes they tie for 1 1/2 place(I know that isn't a real placement).....since we could only pick one!

I thought I voted on this poll already. I chose "A Fistful of Datas".

I'm SURE I did this already, and I don't feel like writing it all again, so I'll just say oFfspring, because it had everything, it was the best episode of anything I've ever seen ever.

Data, remember that the TNG board threads were lost, so we are starting again.

It is OK, dsbs! Don't worry about it....

OK, I just realized that there was another Data episode that was very very good(wait, aren't they ALL)....Inheritance! The one with Julianna Soong-Tainer. Even though it may have been left off because of space limitations on the poll.

You might have voted for it on the Worf poll. I included it there too since much of the story was about Sheriff Worf in the holodeck.

Takara, was my reasoning right on why Inheritance was left off?? About there not being enough space???

Yes, you can list 10 options in the polls and as we know there are so many, many episodes to choose from. I actually had written down the episodes I had used in the original poll so I used the same ones again. You probably noticed I still left off In Theory for the same reason as before. If it can't be me, then Data can't have a girlfriend. :devil:

Takara, was my reasoning right on why Inheritance was left off?? About there not being enough space???

Yes, you can list 10 options in the polls and as we know there are so many, many episodes to choose from. I actually had written down the episodes I had used in the original poll so I used the same ones again. You probably noticed I still left off In Theory for the same reason as before. If it can't be me, then Data can't have a girlfriend. :devil:

We Soong Sisters are just SOOO bad! :devil: I agree as I did before!! :) I mean she didn't need to dump him like that! and I agree with that last remark you made! The "if it can't be me"...one :)

Ok, the light weight here. The Offspring and The Most Toys were Very Good (I only know there names because of the various replies) :-) One of my most favorite Data episodes is the episode where they determine if he is sentient or not.

Reading all of these posts, makes me want to go out to the Garage and unpack all of my TNG videos (the safest place for them after moving).

MMottster

Ok, the light weight here.  The Offspring and The Most Toys were Very Good (I only know there names because of the various replies)  :-)  One of my most favorite Data episodes is the episode where they determine if he is sentient or not.

Reading all of these posts, makes me want to go out to the Garage and unpack all of my TNG videos (the safest place for them after moving).

MMottster

That would be The Measure of a Man. I didn't include it on the list because even though it is about Data's status it seemed to be more centered around Picard. Picard - Data's advocate, Picard realizing the slavery issue, Picard's relationship with Louvois.

Fistful of Datas because Data as Annie was just awesome.  :wow:

Don't worry people. I'm not going to put the Data Annie picture here. You'll just have to visit the Worf poll. :laugh:

I loved that episode too. It was so hard to chose what episodes to list for this poll because there are so many great Data episodes to chose from.

Fistful of Datas because Data as Annie was just awesome.  :laugh:

Don't worry people. I'm not going to put the Data Annie picture here. You'll just have to visit the Worf poll. :wow:

I loved that episode too. It was so hard to chose what episodes to list for this poll because there are so many great Data episodes to chose from.

Oh, good because I really don't want to fall off my chair laughing again! THat picture is just too funny!

yes..."a bit" scary...Apparently some people think that it was a Worf episode (fistful of Datas, that is...)

yes..."a bit" scary...Apparently some people think that it was a Worf episode (fistful of Datas, that is...)

I think it's both. (A Data and Worf episode)

Yes it is considered both a Data episode and a Worf episode. It is a Worf show since he was the basic main focus, and it is a Data episode since he was the secondary character(in this case).

Funny, but since the characters on the holodeck are not really Data, i never really think of that one as a Data episode. I get too into characters.