Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

CBS Action- UK

CBS Action in the UK is currently showing DS9 Season 1. When you hit the information button on your Sky remote it comes up for EVERY episode "Star Trek spin-off taking place on a space station orbiting the planet Bajor" before specifically describing the episode a wee bit. Sigh. Can you spot the mistake?

I would suggest "Third Star Trek series set on a Cardassian Space Station located beside a wormhole to a distant quadrant" (or something)

It's just, when they are broadcasting a tv programme to millions of viewers and want to put the same 14 word description on every episode you would think that they could at least get their facts right!

TNG - "Star Trek spin-off set on the Enterprise C ... "

VOY - "Star Trek spin-off set in the Gamma Quadrant"

ENT - "Star Trek series set after the Origina Series"

Duh :P :dude:

Edited by prometheus

Really don't think it's worth getting upset over. It's a minor screw up at best (DS9 does start the series in orbit of Bajor) and they actually manage to get Bajor right.

Minor screw up? Your job is to write a 14 word description for a tv programme which is going to be broadcast to the nation with every episode and you get the facts wrong? Yeah, sure, minor indeed.

I would call a minor screw up putting too much salt on my dinner.

Depends who you are i suppose. :P

Edited by prometheus

Now Sky 2 are reshowing DS9. Just watching Trials and Tribble-ations... CBS Action are showing Season One of TNG and they have hired a local Trekkie to introduce each episode (as they did with TOS Remastered recently) which is very admirable...