Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Shatner Would Return To Trek

William Shatner would take a role in Star Trek XII if a certain problem could be worked out.

Even though he will be eighty years old by the time Star Trek XII is out in theaters, Shatner would not mind having a part in the next Trek movie.

ShatnerSmallStock.gifThe problem is not so much that Kirk died in a previous movie, but the fact that Shatner is almost eighty. “I’ve become a buddy of J.J. [Abrams],” said Shatner, “but I don’t know if they can solve the problem of ‘how do you put the body I’m in now with the Kirk that we remember forty years ago.’

“They just did a ‘Tron‘ with Jeff Bridges and de-aged him but I don’t know how they did that. It’s going to take a lot of electronics on me!”

View the full article

It could be done. They used Arnold Swarzeneggar's face from previous movies in the latest Terminator movie since he couldn't reprise his role while being Governor. A couple years ago Christopher Reeve had his face used in a commercial where he got up and walked. Shatner himself did a commercial where his (then) current face was transposed over footage from The Undiscovered Country.

I think as he looks now they could find some DNA sample and rebuild him but since the sample is so old he would be too. It would work and Shatner would be a hoot.