Sign in to follow this  
NordicBearskin

Help!

Okay, I know this post shouldn't be here but I couldn't find the games section and well...I'm kinda desperate.

I recently bought Starfleet Command 3 but when it was installed it refused to run, saying my PC did not have DirectX 8.1 or higher. In fact my computer has DirectX 9. I have tried reinstalling, manually installing DirectX 8.1 from the disk and I have even bought another version of the game. The same thing happens every time: When I try to play the game, an error box pops up saying my PC hasn't got DirectX 8.1 or higher and the game automaticly closes. Does anyone know what is wrong???

i have that problem too :) and i have it installed in 2 computers on at my dads and one at my moms and both crashed help me im on the vearg of doing this... :lol: :blink: :lol: :) and saind this after the company

:tomcat: :) help

I recently bought Starfleet Command 3 but when it was installed it refused to run, saying my PC did not have DirectX 8.1 or higher. In fact my computer has DirectX 9. I have tried reinstalling, manually installing DirectX 8.1 from the disk and I have even bought another version of the game. The same thing happens every time: When I try to play the game, an error box pops up saying my PC hasn't got DirectX 8.1 or higher and the game automaticly closes.

Same problem here!!! :laugh:

And I have tried to install DirectX 8.1 again to solve the problem, but it doesn't work! I thought it had to do with the computer. :clap:

Since I don't have internet at home (is at the library now), does anyone knows what I should do? :tear: :)

:klingon: