Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

NX Refit

I have seen pictures at http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/...-refit-diagram/ which show what the Enterprise NX could/would have looked like had it had been refitted in any further series of Enterprise, possibly series 5. The pics show what would have been a potential link with the TOS Enterprise, mainly in the form of a secondary hull. What do you think of this?

I don't think it would have worked canon-wise. We know the Daedalus class came out sometime between NX-01 and NCC-1701 and was supposedly the first ship with a secondary hull. That would have been way beyond Star Trek: Enterprise even if it lasted 7 seasons.

What is the advantage of a secondary hull other than more storage space?

With a secondary hull as an add-on (as opposed to having the ship originally designed that way) gives the ship an additional deflector and launch bay, but has there ever been a situation where the NX-01 would have used it?

Additional storage seems good enough reason to me. With greater storage capability comes the ability to support more crew, sensors, weapons. It just makes sense.

A view of the NuEnterprise underside reveals what appears to be a bay for loading stores.

Look directly below the shuttlebay in the Aft Elevation View.

What is the advantage of a secondary hull other than more storage space?

With a secondary hull as an add-on (as opposed to having the ship originally designed that way) gives the ship an additional deflector and launch bay, but has there ever been a situation where the NX-01 would have used it?

A secondary hull must be extremely useful since the majority of Starfleet vessels which came in the centuries subsequently (including the Enterprises) had them.

I would be lost without the storage space of my attic! lol Maybe that is why Star Ships are so minimalist. All of their tat is piled up in boxes in the secondary hull. Christmas trees, lampshades and bin bags full of flared courdroy jeans and polyester blouses ...

You are in the Delphic Expanse. You need a new Warp Coil. Stinkiepoo traders have one but will only swap it for a Thundercats Annual 1987.

Now aren't you glad you have your extra storage hull ... lol