Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Sloans Rank insignia

Capture.JPG

I also noticed something about Sloan last night that I hadn't noticed before, but that's another thread. I'll post it if I can't find a reference to it somewhere eles in our database.

You mean the bar under his rank insignia in Inquisition?

Yeah, I don't recall ever noticing it before. Either that or old age is catching up with my memory lol

I also noticed something about Sloan last night that I hadn't noticed before, but that's another thread. I'll post it if I can't find a reference to it somewhere eles in our database.

You mean the bar under his rank insignia in Inquisition?

Yeah, I don't recall ever noticing it before. Either that or old age is catching up with my memory lol

I never noticed it before either, but I haven't seen Inquisition in a long time.

There is no definitive answer, some theorize Sloan was a Fleet Captain (or at least posing as one) but was addressed by title (Deputy Director of Internal Affairs, or simply Director) and therefore it never came up. Like I said, I haven't seen it in a while, so I don't know if that is necessarily the case.

It was also a holodeck 'fantasy' of sorts so it could be explained away that way, but if it's not a real rank then you'd think that Bashir would notice this. Having been in the military I had seen every rank insignia that was in use, if I suddenly saw a rank insignia that was different I'd ask questions about it.

The only rank that I didn't personally encounter in person would be General of the Army (5 stars) and that's because there were (and still aren't) none in the Army while I was in. Of course if there had been I still probably wouldn't have personally encountered him (or her). Of course my personal experience only includes members of the Army, I did have some encounters with members of other branches and some foreign military members as well.