Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Days of the week mentioned in Star Trek

I was just re-watching the DS9 episode "In The Pale Moonlight" (had to re-watch it since I just got a text from Mandy saying that she didn't like it too much) and I noticed something, Cpt Sisko is talking about the posting of casuality lists and he says "I've grown to hate Fridays".

It's the only instance that I can think of in any Star Trek episode where a specific day of the week is mentioned. I can't think of any TOS, TNG or Voyager episodes that mention a day of the week. Enterprise could because they weren't using Stardates yet but I can't think of a specific instance there either.

Can anyone else think of any episodes that mention a day of the week?

Episodes, not that I can think of but the first thing I thought of when I saw the Topic was a line(s) from GEN about equipment not being installed onto the Ent B until Tuesday.

This will probably kill the topic but I found individual lists on Memory Alpha related to the days of the week.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Week#Week

I was talking about the specific reference to a specific day like Sisko saying that he hates Fridays now because that's the day that casualty lists are released.

Episodes, not that I can think of but the first thing I thought of when I saw the Topic was a line(s) from GEN about equipment not being installed onto the Ent B until Tuesday.
I had forgotten about that and that would count as a reference to a day of the week even though it's in a movie, but in the episodes themselves I can't think of any others. Just off the top of my head the only other reference that I can think of is the TOS Episode "Friday's Child" but that's just the episode title.

I'm sure there must be some other reference within the 700+ hours of episodes to a specific day of the week but I can't think of them at the moment.

They were right underneath in a box marked: Days of the Human Week (there's a similar one for months).

I didn't want to post all seven links originally as I thought the link to the Week page with the box underneath would be enough. But it's no big deal.

They were right underneath in a box marked: Days of the Human Week (there's a similar one for months).

I didn't want to post all seven links originally as I thought the link to the Week page with the box underneath would be enough. But it's no big deal.

Yeah, I saw that but in conjunction with the rest of the page Ijust assumed that it was a further explination of what "Sunday" meant or "Monday" or whatever.

I'll look through the days and see where the references are, I do remember the one with the Doctor now that I read that there. It's just one of those things that's fairly rare in the 700+ hours of Trek episodes so when I heard Sisko mention Friday it rang a bell.

Like I said thoug, when I have a minute I'll look through the list and see how many of those references are in the "Trek" universe vs. how many may be like the Doctors where it's in a holosuite. Not that that makes much of a difference.

I also noticed something about Sloan last night that I hadn't noticed before, but that's another thread. I'll post it if I can't find a reference to it somewhere eles in our database.

I also noticed something about Sloan last night that I hadn't noticed before, but that's another thread. I'll post it if I can't find a reference to it somewhere eles in our database.

You mean the bar under his rank insignia in Inquisition?

In Fizzbin -- "The second card is turned up, except on Tuesdays." (TOS, "A Piece of the Action)

I also think there is one in Voyager's Endgame, where mentally challenged Tuvok says something about Janeway visiting on a specific day of the week.

In Fizzbin -- "The second card is turned up, except on Tuesdays." (TOS, "A Piece of the Action)

I also think there is one in Voyager's Endgame, where mentally challenged Tuvok says something about Janeway visiting on a specific day of the week.

That's right, I haven't looked at the list in the links above yet but those are a couple of instances that I remember now that you mention them. I guess it wasn't quite as rare as I was thinking lol

Still, it was odd to hear Sisko say that about Friday.