Sign in to follow this  
He Who Shall Not Be Named

What is your Luxury Item?

OK, it's really simple. Contestants on Survivor are allowed to bring one so-called Luxury Item with them to the game. It isn't supposed to be something that can aid in survival (although sometimes you can sneak something in like Colby did with his state flag that eventually became part of their shelter). They can be photos or letters from home, books, good luck charms, etc. I think one girl brought lipstick once.

So, if you were picked to be on Survivor, what would your Luxury Item be and why?

I've thought about that, back when I was thinking about applying to be on the show and never really did come up with a good idea on it. I'd either pick something that could help with survival or some kind of brand name item that could get me free stuff when I got back lol. Like Rob in season 6 with his Magic 8 Ball, I read that whoever makes the Magic 8 Ball was very happy with Rob for that one.

I've told Amy (our oft absent Mod) that I'd be trying to find any way I could to "cheat" a little, like JT for instance. He wore those cowboy boots, I'd have had a heel hollowed out and water proof matches inserted. Or a belt buckle that is also a flint. I'd wear eye glasses that were really magnifying glasses that could aid in starting fire if needed. Stuff like that.

I'd also be prepared to go into the game right away, they like to surprise them sometimes and make them go into the game with just what they're wearing. Well, I might be wearing a suit on the outside but under the suit I'd be wearing the clothes that I wanted to play the game in (baithing suit or whatever).

As for the luxury item I'd want to take, I'll have to give that more thought.

I'd also be prepared to go into the game right away, they like to surprise them sometimes and make them go into the game with just what they're wearing. Well, I might be wearing a suit on the outside but under the suit I'd be wearing the clothes that I wanted to play the game in (baithing suit or whatever).

LOL - I can totally see you wearing an expensive Armani suit and looking at the other contestants wearing shorts and bathing suits and saying "What? It's on now? Oh crap!"

I think somebody did start a fire with their glasses once. Or maybe that was Lord of the Flies. I could see it happening for Survivor though. It's not like they could take your glasses away from you.

For this thread the luxury items can be serious or they can be goofy. It's not like you're actually playing.

So anyone want to guess what my luxury item would be?

LOL - I can totally see you wearing an expensive Armani suit and looking at the other contestants wearing shorts and bathing suits and saying "What? It's on now? Oh crap!"

I think somebody did start a fire with their glasses once. Or maybe that was Lord of the Flies. I could see it happening for Survivor though. It's not like they could take your glasses away from you.

For this thread the luxury items can be serious or they can be goofy. It's not like you're actually playing.

So anyone want to guess what my luxury item would be?

Yeah, BeBe (the old guy) started a fire with his glasses in the very first episode of the first season. Yao Man also started a fire with his glasses inFans vs. Favorites I believe and Michelle started a fire with someones glasses in Fiji. Of course Boston Rob started fire with just sticks in this season.

For your luxury item, I'm guessing a printout of Corina in her catwoman outfit?

Speaking of legs, at a meeting yesterday I had to sit across from a... well I'm not sure if it was a transvestite or if it had a sex change, and I didn't really want to find out, but it was wearing a skirt. Whatever it was, it had the best looking legs in the whole room.

Thans for the leg shot. I am sooo glad you're not a tranny. I don't know what I would do if that happened. (It was pretty funny having a tranny at the meeting however. The gay guy sitting next to me didn't know what to do.)

Kevin - You saw what Corina said. Those legs are for me!

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

Another guy at the meeting made a Freudian slip and said... Well I can't say what he said... but the gay guy and the tranny both heard him say it. I got a text from a friend (female) at the other end of the room asking "Did he just say what I think he said?"