Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Long life or lots of friends

Which would you prefer  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer

• To live a thousand years in isolation
    • To live fifty years with a loving family and many friends
    • To live five hundred years with distant family and occasional friends.

I thought about this while watching exile.

Anyway, I started thinking about what matters. Would a nice car, new clothes etc matter if there was no one to see it?

How about the pursuit of knowledge - The only person I can imagine that could be happy alone is someone caught up in the pursuit of a discovery or learning - what are your thoughts?

BTW, I still don't understand why the alien couldn't leave the planet he was on. I know he was exiled from his home world but why not go elsewhere.

Stardate:213805.8

I gonna go with living 50 years.I couldnt stand living a long time in isolation.That would probably drive me insane and i would probably end up killing myself.Living 500 years with some friends and family i might be able to work with.

I voted for 50 years but if I had not found my wife I think I could have done the 500 as I am alone for most of the time now as I work by myself and because I work 3rd and my wife works 1st I only get to see her only a few hours a day and one night a week so I am getting used to it

Hmm, I didn't know what to vote for... I like family and friends, but 50 years seems so short. So I didn't vote. As for the alien on that planent... he was stranded there by his race. He has no physical means to leave the planet. I don't see why he couldn't force an alien vessel to pick him up and give him a lift tho? Maybe he likes to live there, but only when he was a partner.

That's what I didn't understand about Tarquin.I mean,just ask Archer for a lift to...well,anywhere!I'm sure he would have accomodated Tarquin.

But,I guess that would have messed up the rest of the show. :blink: