Sign in to follow this  
youbroughtheryouRiker

So, uh, what happened?

I couldn't access this site for a few weeks... would give me a "(Browser) cannot load this site" message. Any idea what was going on? Sorry if this has been answered before.

And oh yeah, I'm back. You may quiver with fear now. Or not.

I couldn't access this site for a few weeks... would give me a "(Browser) cannot load this site" message. Any idea what was going on? Sorry if this has been answered before.

And oh yeah, I'm back. You may quiver with fear now. Or not.

This is the first I've heard of this. How were you accessing the site? A bookmark, a search engine or a direct link?

We were having an orgy, but not everyone was invited. It took us a couple weeks to clean up and hide the evidebce. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Before, I'd been simply able to type in http://www.startrekfans.net, and I'd be able to access the site... but for the past couple weeks, I haven't been able to.

I don't know what might have been the problem there but I did post in another thread that due to a security hole in the old Invision software that we were using for the board that someone was able to hijack a lot of our traffic and divert it to an advertising site.

That required a board upgrade, which was done and we were without the portal page for a couple of weeks (until I had time to reinstall it). So maybe you were experiencing problems related to the hijacking.

Something similar happens to me every day around noon my time. I put in the web site and it goes to a MSN address page that list a bunch of Star Trek web addresses. In the morning and evening I can get on find and normally around 1:00 my time I can get back on.

VABG, I didn't get directed to any advertising site... I just got an error message that the page would not load/could not be accessed. It happened again yesterday, too. From 1PM-5PM Eastern

Sounds like something with your internet, for some reason the domain isn't resolving for you. I was on several times during those times yesterday and all was well.

Is anyone else experiencing problems?

Huh. Interesting. I post from work, and needless to say we got some wicked cool hi-speed stuff. Perhaps it's the constant IT upgrades and changes that have caused it. We've had a lot of that lately.... a BIG one yesterday: all our company emails' passwords were changed forcibly... and we no longer have the option to change them ourselves later.

Huh. Interesting. I post from work, and needless to say we got some wicked cool hi-speed stuff. Perhaps it's the constant IT upgrades and changes that have caused it. We've had a lot of that lately.... a BIG one yesterday: all our company emails' passwords were changed forcibly... and we no longer have the option to change them ourselves later.

If it's only happening while you're at work then I'd think that's probably the cause. I've accessed the site both from home and my college and had no problems at various times of the day.