Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Star Trek movies on Netflix

I was on Netflix last night and noticed that Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home and Star Trek: First Contact are all available for instant viewing.

I've gotten so I don't even get the DVDs from them anymore. I basically just use their streaming videos. I dropped my account down from 3 DVDs at a time to 1 DVD at a time and haven't gotten a DVD from them in about 2 months.

I let mine go when I was laid off last year, especially since I had the same DVD out for about six months before that, lol. I was doing the same with watching streaming video, but I don't really watch much streaming video at home and can't at work. Now if I can ever afford to upgrade to a newer Tivo where I can stream video from them on it, then I will definitely be back on board.

I let mine go when I was laid off last year, especially since I had the same DVD out for about six months before that, lol. I was doing the same with watching streaming video, but I don't really watch much streaming video at home and can't at work. Now if I can ever afford to upgrade to a newer Tivo where I can stream video from them on it, then I will definitely be back on board.

I just use my PS3 for that. Plus there's other methods to stream it to your TV but you have to have network access to the TV for it to work.

Yeah, my TV's are not quite up to that level, lol. The one in my room that I watch the most is a 48" by my brother bought when I was a kid, lol.

Yeah, my TV's are not quite up to that level, lol. The one in my room that I watch the most is a 48" by my brother bought when I was a kid, lol.

If you have a PC near the TV and the video card has video out (and the TV, VCR or DVD player) has video in then all you have to do is hook the computer to the TV/VCR/DVD player. If the PC is networked then you can just display the computer onto the TV through the DVD player or whatever has the input jacks as if the TV is a second monitor and extend your desktop onto it.

Not a perfect way to do it but it works.

If your Video card has an S Video out jack on it then it should work. You'll have to hook it up to the S Video in jack of whatever you're hooking it to, then set the computer to extend your desktop to the TV. You may need to hook the S Video cable up then reboot the computer though so the computer will recognize the other display (TV).

Once it's rebooted, do you know how to extend your Desktop?

No, I can not even use a cell phone. At least not more than call someone.

Well, if you get to the point of needing to do this just let me know and I'll take you through it.