Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Takara_Soong

Official Star Trek Convention - Las Vegas, NV

Already a bunch of guests listed for the Vegas convention. Here's whose listed so far:

1. William Shatner (James T. Kirk, TOS)
  2. Leonard Nimoy (Spock, TOS)
  3. George Takei (Hikaru Sulu, TOS
  4. Brent Spiner (Data, TNG)
  5. Jonathan Frakes (William T. Riker, TNG)
  6. Avery Brooks (Benjamin Sisko, DS9)
  7. Nana Visitor (Kira Nerys, DS9)
  8. Armin Shimerman (Quark, DS9)
  9. Rene Auberjonois (Odo, DS9)
  10. Jeri Ryan (7 of 9, VOY)
  11. Garrett Wang (Harry Kim, VOY)
  12. Ethan Phillips (Neelix, VOY)
  13. Jennifer Lien (Kes, VOY)
  14. Connor Trineer (Charles "Trip" Tucker III, ENT)
  15. Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed, ENT)
  16. Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather, ENT)
  17. John Billingsley (Dr. Phlox, ENT)
  18. John de Lancie (Q, TNG, DS9, VOY)
  19. Barbara March (Lursa, TNG, DS9, ST:GEN)
  20. Gwynyth Walsh (B'Etor, TNG, DS9, ST:GEN)
  21. Alice Krige (Borg Queen, ST:FC, VOY)
  22. James Darren (Vic Fontaine, DS9)
  23. Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat, DS9)
  24. Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun, DS9, Shran, ENT and various other characters)
  25. Casey Biggs (Damar, DS9 and various other characters)
  26. Andrew Robinson (Garak, DS9)
  27. Steven Culp (Major Hayes, ENT)
  28. Matt Winston (Daniels, ENT)
  29. Scott MacDonald (Commander Dolim, ENT and various characters on TNG, DS9 and VOY)
  30. Tucker Smallwood (Admiral Bullock, VOY, Xindi primate, ENT)
  31. Randy Oglesby (Degra, ENT and various characters on TNG, DS9 and VOY)
  32. Jerry Hardin (Samuel Clemens, TNG, Dr. Neria, VOY)
  33. Eric Robinson (the Traveler, TNG)
  34. Stephanie Beacham (Countess Barthalomew, TNG)
  35. Harry Groener (Tan Elbrum, TNG, Nathan Samuels, ENT)
  36. Bruce Hyde (Kevin Riley, TOS)
  37. Naomi Pollock (TOS episode)
  38. Sally Kellerman (Dr. Elizabeth Dehner, TOS)
  39. Stewart Moss (TOS)
  40. Hagan Beggs (Lt. Hansen, TOS)
  41. Pamela Ferdin (Mary Janowski, TOS)
  42. Rick Worthy (various crewman on DS9, VOY and ENT)
  43. Mark Robert Brown (Don, TOS)
  44. Todd Bryant (Capt. Klaa, STV:TFF, Klingon translator, STVI:TUC)
  45. Brian Tochi (Ray, TOS, crew member, TNG)
  46. John Winston (Lt. Kyle, TOS, STII:WOK)
  47. Barbara Baldavin (Angela/Communications Officer, TOS)
  48. Paul Comi, (Lt. Stiles, TOS)

For more information, check out the Creation Entertainment website.

I have been saying that I can't afford this con this year, but the secondary guests are awfully tempting. particularly Sally Kellerman, John Winston, Samatha Eggar and Stewart Moss. If I could get a cheap flight, cheap room & 2 daily tickets for just Thursday and Friday ... hmmmm.

The Hilton has lowered their rates this year. You might wanna check it out!

I have no self control - I'm going!

Added guests so far include:

Barbara Babcock - TOS

Samantha Eggar - TNG (Marie Picard)

Salome Jens - DS9 (Female shapeshifter)

Craig Huxley - TOS (Tommy S, Peter)

Kurt Wetherill - VOY (Azan)

Cody Wetherill - VOY (Rebi)

There's a pretty awsome convention coming up in Philadelphia, I don't know if anyone's heard of. It's not just Star Trek though, William Shatner will be there and Adam West and a few other actors/actresses.

I'd love to go to the Vegas con at some point. I go to Vegas at least once a years but never around con time for some reason. I'll most likely go to Shore Leave in Baltimore.

Man I love Adam West would like too see him. Kor Talking about Shore Leave do you ever hear from Dabo Queen or See Eye Borg?

I have not heard from either of them since I met them at the con. I don't believe Mr.Psychic has either.

Is that Philadelphia con Wizard World?

Some added guests for the 2010 Vegas Con include:

Bruce Greenwood - ST 2009 - Pike

Michael Dorn - TNG, DS9 - Worf

Eugene Rodenberry - (Gene's son)

William Sadler - DS9 - Sloan

William Hacket - VOY - Seska

Jonathon Del Arco - TNG - Hugh

Patti Yasatuke - TNG - Nurse Ogawa

It's about time they add someone from Star Trek movie (Greenwood). As much as the other guests are great, it's the new Star Trek movie franchise that's most likely to attract younger and newer fans to keep Star Trek going far into the future. To that end, it's members of the new movie franchise that need to appear to keep fans excited.

Recently Added Guests:

Julie Newmar - TOS - Eleen

Gary Lockwood - TOS - Gary Mitchell

Grace Lee Whitney - TOS - Yeoman Rand

Oh yeah! Julie Newmar when she played Catwoman on Batman could have given Seven some competition in a catsuit.

The convention line-up sounds great but its just not the same without The Experience. Its also at one of the worst old hotels in Vegas. The only reason the Hilton was attractive was because of The Experience.

While the Hilton has remodeled rooms and lowered room rates this year, we're not staying there. We managed to snag a time share owned by a fellow convention goer/friend to save money. We had a really bad room experience at the Hilton one year, and without the Experience the Hilton is convenient but not so grand.

I think it's interesting that there are so many guests this year that were TOS guest stars. I like it, I just wish they could also snag a couple of the Star Trek movie actors to keep the movie enthusiasm building.

The guests are the main reason I would go to a con. The ONLY reason I might go to Shore Leave this year is because they have Catherine Hicks (If she doesn't cancel before then). The rest of the guests would constitute a Battlestar Galactica con.

Recently added guests:

Robert Beltram - VOY - Chakotay

Chase Masterson - DS9 - Leeta

David Gerrold - writer - Trouble with Tribbles - writers workshop

Added guests in Autograph room or vendors room during con:

Lawrence Montaigne - Decius from "Balance of Terror", Stonn from "Amok Time" on TOS;

Felix Silla - Talosian from TOS's "The Cage", Tweekie from Buck Rogers, Cousin Itt from The Addams Family;

Barry Jenner - Admiral Ross from Deep Space Nine plus loads of other TV and film credits;

Tanya Lemani - Kara from "The Wolf in the Fold" on TOS;

Evan English - Ensign Tanner in loads of Enterprise episodes, & the Xindi Council Insectoid;

Crystal Allen - D'Nesh in the Enterprise episode "Bound" & other TV and film credits;

Richard Herd - Admiral Paris on Voyager, L'Kor on TNG, Seinfeld, V and lots more!;

Don Marshall - Lt. Boma in "The Galileo Seven" on TOS, Land of the Giants & more;

William Wellman - Bajoran Security Guard, plus credits spanning a fifty year career;

Bobby Clark - The Gorn Captain from "Arena" on TOS, plus other TOS roles and loads of other TV credits;

Natalija Nogulich - Admiral Alynna Nechayev on TNG and DS9 plus other TV & film credits;

Celeste Yarnall - Yeoman Martha Landon in "The Apple" on TOS plus many TV and film credits;

Sean Kenney - The crippled Captain Pike from "The Menagerie", Lt. De Paul in "Arena" and "A Taste of Armageddon";

Vince Deadrick, Sr. and Jr. - Stunt actors and coordinators, this father and son have worked on Star Trek from the 60's to the 00s!;

Carel Struycken - Mr. Holm from TNG and Spectre from Voyager, The Giant from Twin Peaks, Lurch from The Addams Family films, etc.

Unfortunately Alice Krige and Samantha Eggar have canceled their appearances. Krige for filning reasons and Eggar for medical reasons. Guess that will save me some money, although they were both on my top 5 list of most anticipated appearances and autographs. Hope Samantha Eggar is not seriously ill.

Yes the guest stars and Trek casts all are aging - TOS especially. It is a bit depressing at times, but still good to see them, especially those who continue to act.

Received our tickets for the con today. Getting my Trek T-shirts ready to pack & checking to see what autographs I think I want (vs what I really need) then checking my wallet and revising my list...

Hey, they should have a Battlestar Galactica: The Experience!
I agree!

Also: I'll be attending. :P

I am really looking forward to attending again. I was looking at the schedule today and realized for the first time that there are a couple times that presentations in the two different theaters somewhat overlap, so we'll have to really watch the clock and probably split up to see the most stuff and get the autographs I want. Having been to other conventions, this does happen but is still slightly annoying.

Am very excited to see Patrick Stewart, Leonard Nimoy, & Avery Brooks again. Shatner, Frakes, Spiner, Visitor, Shimmerman, Picardo, Takei, Alimo, Biggs are always entertaining. Very excited to see Sally Kellerman, Julie Newmar, Barbara Babcock, John Winston, Jeri Ryan, Robert Beltran, etc for the first time. It's been a tough year for Walter Koenig so I hope the con will give him a rousing welcome.

The panel discussions should be very interesting, especially those with some of the TOS guest stars, who have lots of other TV and film credits.

DrWho42, glad to hear you'll be there! Have you attended this convention before?