Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

3D Television

I was in Best Buy earlier today and they had one of those new 3D TV's on display (something like $2900). I put the glasses on to see how it was and it was total crap. I couldn't detect anything in 3D and in many cases in the few minutes that I watched it looked the same with the glasses on as with them off with the picture being 'blurred".

They need to do some more development on them and bring the price down by about $2000 before I'll even consider a 3D TV as a possibility.

Has anyone else seen one of these 3D TV's? What's your experience?

I wouldn't mind having one myself, but if the one that I experienced is typical of the state of the technology then I'll wait a few years.

Stop by a Best Buy one day and walk through the TV section and see if they have a display and check it out.

I was unimpressed to say the least.

I was back at Best Buy yesterday and checked out the TV again, it looked better this time around. I still wouldn't pay $3000+ for it though.

Maybe it just had to be calibrated like the Hi-Def TVs.

No, I was just lacking a little tidbit of knowledge on my first viewing.

The glasses have to be turned on to work :clap:

Turn the glasses on and the 3D looks ok. It more or less adds a level of depth to the video, I didn't see a whole lot of stuff "flying out of the screen" though.

I saw the Samsung version at Fry's. Decent 3D effect but I got a headache after only a few minutes of viewing it.

Maybe someday but for now, for us, because we just bought a new tv, 3D will remain a theater bound treat.