Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

The first picture of Sir Patrick as Shylock has arrived! You can look at it over here. Veeeery stylish! :)

Very stylish indeed. With wardrobe picking out his tie, he looks quite presentable!

On a speculative note, in the 24th Century, I wonder if there will be a variant/adaption of the production entitled The Merchant of Venus?

If there was, Jean-Luc definitely wouldn't play Shylock. He, according to his own words, is "not much of an actor" ("A Fistful Of Datas", scene cracks me up every time), after all! :) He'd end up playing a potted plant or something - lol.

Very stylish indeed. With wardrobe picking out his tie, he looks quite presentable!

:) :clap: :P

The reviews are coming in - last night was press night for Merchant Of Venice. You can find a round-up over here. The critics aren't sure whether to hate or like the play. I know that Sir Patrick reads reviews and all... I hope he won't stumble across the less nice ones...

Sir Patrick attended the Peabody Awards last night. Here is a picture. (He also received an award for Macbeth.)

There is now a short video from the Peabody Awards:

Can be found

And there's a behind-the-scenes video from the making of the LEGO Universe trailer. It can be found

And here's a particularly cute screencap.

micubercute1.png

Edited by Mr.Picard

I agree live theater is so good. I am only able to see the local ones were I live, but I can wait until I can afford to go to a professional one.

I agree live theater is so good. I am only able to see the local ones were I live, but I can wait until I can afford to go to a professional one.

I'm actually not very interested in theater (don't tell Sir Patrick, please lol) but I agree, it is quite a unique experience to see professional actors on stage. Especially Royal Shakespeare Company actors. They're all brilliant!

News! Look who visited Sir Patrick at the RSC:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.png

;)

Sir Patrick showed up at a Huddersfield Town FC soccer game today. He didn't pay a lot of attention, though - lol.

phonemoarimportnt.png

Sir Patrick is going to appear in a BBC version of Richard II.!

More information over here. :)

There are some actors I find it hard to accept hair on :theking: Patrick Stewart is one, though I did once see him with hair as a character called Sejanus(?) in I Claudius.

John GielGud is another actor that is somehow just meant to be without hair.

4490629131_ecb5388d72_m.jpg

Force of habit.

Btw, did Mr.Picard on this board use to be Mrs.Picard or am I imagining something?

You are not imagining things, no. I had some... changes, or rather, I'm finally setting things right the way they are supposed to be. The name change is part of that.

As for hair... yes, Sejanus has hair, which was not Sir Patrick's own hair. It looked nice, though. (Sejanus is my all-time favorite Sir Patrick character.)

Here he is:

Seianus2.png

Such a nice Roman! (Well, not really, but still.)

Sir Patrick is set to receive an honorary degree from the University of East Anglia! :thumbs:

More information can be found over here.

Well he was rather young-ish (36) when he played Sejanus, lol, so that one's not just the hair, I guess. But yeah, it still makes him look a bit younger today. On the other hand, people say he doesn't age anyway... :laugh:

I'm actually not very interested in theater (don't tell Sir Patrick, please lol) but I agree, it is quite a unique experience to see professional actors on stage. Especially Royal Shakespeare Company actors. They're all brilliant!

News! Look who visited Sir Patrick at the RSC:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.png

;)

I do see a little theater when I get an chance (and have saved up the cash!). Saw 3 plays in NYC recently: House of Blue Leaves, Lombardi (the Green Bay Football coach) and How to Succeed in Business (with Daniel Radcliffe). One of my theatre highlights is still seeing Sir Patrick in Chichester a few years ago.

Sir Patrick is going to appear in a BBC version of Richard II.!

More information over here. :)

It's nice to see Sir Patrick's acting available to a wider audience through appearances on the BBC. Also great that some cultural things are being done in conjunction with the Olympics, even if we have to wait until 2012...

Kudos as always for keeping us up to date with Sir Patrick news!!!

Edited by trekz

You're very welcome!

I'm very interested in that BBC production as well (I hope there will be a DVD in some way). It's great to see him do so many Shakespeare-related things - it's what he does best, after all. :thumbs:

Well he was rather young-ish (36) when he played Sejanus, lol, so that one's not just the hair, I guess. But yeah, it still makes him look a bit younger today. On the other hand, people say he doesn't age anyway... :laugh:

My mother always felt that. She felt he looked 'mature' on TNG & hasn't changed much from that at all.

Yeah a lot of people have told me they think he has some secret fountain of youth at home. :laugh: I do notice that he ages, though, so, it can't be. ;)

I have had people tell me that then I check to see if I still have all my valuables :roflmao:

Click here in order to read an interview in which Sir Patrick talks about The Merchant Of Venice and Las Vegas.