Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

Dixon Hill's ties, you mean. Oh yes. I love his loose tie in that scene in which that detective interrogates him in "The Big Goodbye". :) ;)

Edited by Mrs.Picard

Sir Patrick will voice a commentary at a Shakespeare museum that is going to unveil "the Bard's First Folio of works". Article.

^

He just has a way of ALWAYS being the most interesting thing. Or person. Whatever. ;) :)

Since there are going to be massive cuts in the UK arts department in the next four years, Sir Patrick and other UK actors/actresses have written a letter in order to call for a post-austerity arts summit:

Actors and Equity member Patrick Stewart will lead a delegation to Downing Street tomorrow to present the letter at 10.00am. He’ll be joined by fellow actors Samuel West and Maxine Peake, Equity president Malcolm Sinclair and general secretary Christine Payne.

(Source & more information)

Picture of Sir Patrick outside Ten Downing this morning:

lolarrowwtf.png

And here is a video!

Edited by Mrs.Picard

He's keeping me quite busy today...

The Royal Shakespeare Company has posted pictures from the Merchant Of Venice rehearsals on Facebook. Sir Patrick can be seen as well (obviously) - check them out here.

Very cool to see rehersal pictures (and of course Sir Patrick)! Thanks for sharing them!

P. S. Though I don't always comment I do read these posts. Great work, as always!

You're very welcome, trekz! Don't worry, I do know that people look at this topic and just don't always comment. There isn't always something to comment on, after all. (Some things are better left un-commented, so to speak, lol.)

As I have reported before, Sir Patrick is absolutely against certain plans that would place a 'super sewer' in a park near his home in London.

has now surfaced in which he explains why he dislikes the plans and why he chose to live where he lives.

Sir Patrick has explained in an interview with today's Sunday Times why he backs assisted dying and wants it for himself, too. The entire interview isn't for for free, but this excerpt is.

Sir Patrick talks about Stratford-Upon-Avon in this little article here.

Very interesting. Is there any more info about the lecture mentioned, or what Sir Patrick talked about in detail?

Sir Patrick talks about Stratford-Upon-Avon in this little article here.

Very interesting. Is there any more info about the lecture mentioned, or what Sir Patrick talked about in detail?

Unfortunately not, no. (Yet.) Some people mentioned it on Twitter and I knew he was invited to give a lecture and all and I was hoping for at least SOMETHING, but there were neither pics nor a summary. WTF!!! :Hmmm...: *lol*

Edited by Mr.Picard

Sir Patrick's in Stratford-Upon-Avon today at a Shakespeare's Birthday party thingy organized by the RSC. There was a parade - and someone had the good sense to take a picture. Here it is. I think he is talking to his son, Daniel, but then, I'm not 100% sure.

Sir Patrick's in Stratford-Upon-Avon today at a Shakespeare's Birthday party thingy organized by the RSC. There was a parade - and someone had the good sense to take a picture. Here it is. I think he is talking to his son, Daniel, but then, I'm not 100% sure.

I think you are right. I've only seen Daniel at the Chicago Wizard World Comic Con but it certainly seems like the right heighth for him. Also I got the impression that he likes to see his Dad whenever he can, so I would agree, it certainly seems likely that it's Daniel.

Edited by trekz

I think you are right. I've only seen Daniel at the Chicago Wizard World Comic Con but it certainly seems like the right heighth for him. Also I got the impression that he likes to see his Dad whenever he can, so I would agree, it certainly seems likely that it's Daniel.

Yup, I'm also quite certain that it's Daniel. Too bad he didn't turn around a bit more, but, oh well. lol

And there is now a report on what Sir Patrick talked about at the Shakespeare lecture. I normally refuse to quote Trekmovie.com in any way (I have my reasons for avoiding that site) but since you were interested, here is the link. :Hmmm...:

It was Daniel indeed, as seen here. :laugh: I want the pic he's taking. lol

You, and I, were right. Yay us! :Hmmm...:

Kudos on always coming up with great info and pics. And thanks for sharing the Speech info.

It was Daniel indeed, as seen here. :P I want the pic he's taking. lol

Kudos on always coming up with great info and pics. And thanks for sharing the Speech info.

Hehe yes our guess was correct indeed! :laugh:

You're very welcome. I love to provide information (and pics) whenever I get the chance to. If only I could work for Sir Patrick in a way... *dreams* *lol* Bodyguard would be my number one job choice... but I'd gladly be his personal assistant as well. Or the one who makes sure he dresses decently before he leaves the house. :huh: :P

It was Daniel indeed, as seen here. ;) I want the pic he's taking. lol

You're very welcome. I love to provide information (and pics) whenever I get the chance to. If only I could work for Sir Patrick in a way... *dreams* *lol* Bodyguard would be my number one job choice... but I'd gladly be his personal assistant as well. Or the one who makes sure he dresses decently before he leaves the house. :P :P

Personal assistant sounds great. If you submit a resume, you could include the pic of "that" tie you posted, plus more fashion appropriate choices! :huh:

It was Daniel indeed, as seen here. ;) I want the pic he's taking. lol

You're very welcome. I love to provide information (and pics) whenever I get the chance to. If only I could work for Sir Patrick in a way... *dreams* *lol* Bodyguard would be my number one job choice... but I'd gladly be his personal assistant as well. Or the one who makes sure he dresses decently before he leaves the house. :P :P

Personal assistant sounds great. If you submit a resume, you could include the pic of "that" tie you posted, plus more fashion appropriate choices! :huh:

I'm not sure if fashion advice should come with a resume, LOL, but I like the idea anyway. I could put in "and I'm good at telling you what to wear and what NOT to wear so that people no longer notice that you have no clue about what colors fit together and what colors don't" or something like that. I mean I know that being Sir Patrick's personal assistant requires a LOT of patience (I listened to someone who WAS his personal assistant, lol) - he can be INCREDIBLY stubborn, irrational and whiny if he chooses to. But I'd gladly take that job. I mean he REALLY needs someone who pays attention to what he's doing and protects him from himself. (I'd stop him from pulling stunts like scuba diving, learning how to ski, WATERSKIING - he did all that stuff recently, and at his age, such things should simply NOT be done! *facepalm*)

^ "he can be INCREDIBLY stubborn, irrational and whiny if he chooses to."

To steal a phrase from David Letterman, "It's like I have a twin!" :Hmmm...:

^ "he can be INCREDIBLY stubborn, irrational and whiny if he chooses to."

To steal a phrase from David Letterman, "It's like I have a twin!" :Hmmm...:

Well we all can be like that, I know. I'm not saying he's a diva or something, but he does have his diva-ish moments sometimes. And a personal assistant would have to be ready for these. :laugh:

Click here in order to read a Sir Patrick interview (via the Jewish Chronicle newspaper). He talks about - of course - Shylock and his recent trip to Israel.