Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

Me, too - of course. :clap: He does know that quite a few people think he's a more than outstanding actor, and I know that this will comfort him at least to a certain extent... maybe he even laughs about it now that they always ignore him, who knows. lol

I hope he is laughing at them. :clap:

Well he definitely has enough humor for doing exactly that. It's not that the nomination meant nothing to him (especially not since it was a nomination for something Shakespeare-related), but most likely not as much as a theater award nomination. If they kept ignoring him when it comes to THESE, he'd most likely be pissed off at some point. :clap:

Click here for a picture of Sir Patrick Stewart and Ethan Hawke at the screening of 'You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger' in NYC! (Taken yesterday.)

Click here for a picture of Sir Patrick Stewart and Ethan Hawke at the screening of 'You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger' in NYC! (Taken yesterday.)

He is not in this film is he?

Not as far as I know. I've just read the synopsis for the film and I know I'll rank it among "horrible, must not see", so, I definitely hope he won't be in it! lol

If he was in it you would have to rank it among "horrible must see.lol

Unfortunately, yes! It wouldn't be the first horrible movie that he forces me into watching, though. Gunmen, LA Story, Masterminds, Lifeforce and the worst one, Let It Be Me... all sooooooo bad and yet he's in them, which means must watch...

A new interview, rather long this time, which is why I decided to leave a link rather than post the entire thing, lol.

O Captain, Our Captain - Sir Patrick Stewart on coaxing Trekkies to try a little Shakespeare or, this time, Mamet.

Normally, on a morning like this one, Patrick Stewart would be walking briskly up West 4th Street, muttering to himself. The 70-year-old Shakespearean master, better known as Captain Jean-Luc Picard, is finishing rehearsals for David Mamet’s two-man play A Life in the Theatre, and he likes to use his morning commute from Soho to the Atlantic Theater’s rehearsal space on 15th Street to run his lines. “I totally fit in in New York,” he says. “Here, you mutter on the street, and people just assume you’re crazy or you’re an actor. As long as I cover my head, I can go anywhere I like.” He’s wearing a newsboy cap.

Find the rest over here.

I'll wait for the UK DVD and then buy it. And watch it and then just put it on my shelf. lol There are worse movie ideas, but really, Romeo & Juliet is the ONE Shakespeare play I CANNOT stand. I hate lovesick babbling, and the play consists of little else.

Ugh. Romantic movies. *GAG* (Now, if it were Gnomeo&Gnomeo, I'd find it a LOT more interesting. ;) ) But then, it's a romantic movie for kids this time, it could be worse...

Edited by Mrs.Picard

^

Perhaps we shouldn't get married then after all. ;) We'd have... a LOT of difficulties. :rofl:

----

In other news:

's a trailer for Macbeth on PBS, and
is an interview!

:rofl: great, friends are worth their weight in gold.

Agreed 100%! ;)

----

A new picture of Sir Patrick, taken last night at The Metropolitan Opera House in New York can be found over here.

Sir Patrick Stewart attended the world premiere of Macbeth last night in New York! Click here for a picture! ^^

A reminder for US residents: Macbeth airs on PBS today and Sir Patrick will also show up on The View on ABC today! ;)

EDIT: And here is a new interview with the Wall Street Journal! :rofl:

Edited by Mrs.Picard

Very nice interview! Thanks for sharing it!

Saw Sir Patrick on The View. It was nice to see him on the stage with Whoopie again. He mentioned the PBS airing MacBeth tonight and talked about the Mamet play.

I saw a commerical for National Car Rental last night and recognized the baritone tones of Sir Patrick!

Very nice interview! Thanks for sharing it!

Saw Sir Patrick on The View. It was nice to see him on the stage with Whoopie again. He mentioned the PBS airing MacBeth tonight and talked about the Mamet play.

I saw a commerical for National Car Rental last night and recognized the baritone tones of Sir Patrick!

Yes, that's him! Saw the commercial on Youtube. And lol'd. ;)

Speaking of the Mamet play... :rofl:

New pictures from his current play, A Life In The Theatre, have emerged! :rofl: Click here in order to have a look at Sir Patrick in quite a few costumes! ;)

I chuckled as well when I saw some of them, believe me! My favorite has GOT to be the one with the uniform and the shorts. ;)

You can now watch a video of Sir Patrick & T.R. Knight in A Life In The Theatre over here! :congrats: I highly recommend this one to everyone who has never seen him on stage or loves to do so! :clap:

yes it is a wonderful idea. How ever when I go to the web site and ask my question I see no way too send it. :congrats:

There's a "submit" button below the box in which you can write the question. Maybe it's a browser problem? It works for me. :clap:

---------

Last night = opening night for A Life In The Theatre! Sir Patrick was there, obviously. Click here for a picture!