Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

Wow, Patrick Stewart is 69? I don't know why that surprises me but I hadn't realized he was almost 70.
Yes he is. He forgets about that fact as well, though, so, you're not alone! LOL (He went WATER-SKIING a little while ago. WATER-SKIING. And he's also trying to learn how to ski, too. What is he THINKING? *facepalm* *worried* lol)
Oh, I wouldn't worry about him. George Bush (the older one) is well into his 80's by now and he still jumps out of planes lol.

I was just a little surprised to see that age in print and associated to him.

Yeah it's just that Sir Patrick has this habit of taking such things too far and to the extreme. He sometimes just doesn't know when to quit. That's what I'm worried about. At least he isn't doing any racing stuff anymore! *lol*

He certainly doesn't look his age, though - indeed.

Sir Patrick has contributed a postcard to an exhibition on the British county of Cumbria that was hit by the floods last year. Here is what it says:

“Cumbria is a national treasure,” said Sir Patrick Stewart OBE. “When my son Daniel was 18 months old I hiked, with my son on my back around the Langdale Valley and the Langdale Pikes. Now he is 42 and 6ft 4ins and very soon will be carrying me. I’ll suggest we return to Langdale which I loved and will always remember.”

(Source)

Sir Patrick is apparently scheduled to attend the Wizard World Comic Con in Philadelphia in June. Click here for more details!

There is now more information on Sir Patrick's upcoming appearance on Broadway later this year:

The upcoming Broadway production of David Mamet's two-character A Life in the Theatre — starring Tony Award nominee Patrick Stewart as the older actor, Robert — will play the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre, currently the home of A Behanding in Spokane, which ends its run June 6.

Variety reports that previews will begin Sept. 17 with an official opening date to be announced. Jeffrey Richards, Jerry Frankel and Steve Traxler, producers of David Mamet's Race, now on Broadway, will usher in the earlier and warmer Mamet work from 1977.

(Source)

Someone was kind enough to provide a picture of Sir Patrick during the final recording of Castlevania - Lords Of Shadow. (He finished it yesterday.)

closrecord.png

(Source)

If any of you live near Edinburgh, you might want to attend the Edinburgh Film Festival on June 21st - Sir Patrick will give a 90 minutes interview there. More information can be found here.

I've also heard rumors that his official knighting ceremony will take place next Wednesday (apparently Sir Ian McKellen said this during a radio interview), but, as I said, this is a rumor until I hear otherwise. lol

He's always shaved - he only grows a beard when he is doing a play. :elephant: The knighthood is for his services to drama - which mostly refers to his long stage career. It's not just for Trek or X Men.

Many people who receive a knighthood aren't exactly THAT well-known outside the UK. It's only the already famous ones we hear about. I actually think Trek delayed his knighthood because he gave up his stage work for seven years during TNG's run. Besides, Sir Ian McKellen was knighted way before Lord Of The Rings or X Men, so... it doesn't take one or two huge franchises to get one a knighthood. Granted, Sir Ian's knighthood was for theater work. I think Sir Patrick would've gotten a similar knighthood if he had continued his theater work in England instead of going to the US for Star Trek. Either way, he now has his knighthood.

is a short interview with Sir Patrick in which he talks about the honor of being knighted!

Ouch...

Patrick Stewart and James Cordon cross swords at Glamour Women awards

Gavin and Stacey star Corden was hosting the event in front of an audience of celebrities that included Cheryl Cole, Billie Piper, Christine Bleakley and Lily Allen.

Theatre veteran and Star Trek actor Sir Patrick had got up on stage to present a gong for Film Actress of the Year when he criticised Corden for the way he hosted parts of the evening.

He told the comedy star not to stand at the back with his hands in his pocket looking like he would rather be somewhere else when recipients got up to collect their gongs.

If he was joking, it appeared to fall flat with Corden, and things got worse when Sir Patrick told the portly comic: ''From where I was sitting, I could see your belly.''

Corden told the actor to get on with presenting the award, and started to look at his watch.

He then countered: ''You could see my belly. I can see you dying right now.''

As the tension mounted, Sir Patrick retaliated: ''Do you want one more? If you fancy one of the Jonas Brothers, cover your belly.''

Corden had earlier joked about fancying heart-throb Nick Jonas, who presented an award to Florence and the Machine.

Receiving the accolade from Sir Patrick, Avatar star Zoe Saldana, joined the fray, telling Corden: ''I like your belly but I'd like to see Sir Patrick Stewart dying on stage any day.''

Corden then said: ''I feel bad for people who haven't seen my belly.''

To huge applause he then lifted his T-shirt and showed off his tummy.

''OK can we get a taxi really quickly please. There's an old man going home,'' he said of Sir Patrick.

The spat shocked the audience with Nowhere Boy actor Aaron Johnson remarking: ''I love your belly. That was intense. I didn't know where to look.''

Singer Duffy remarked on stage: ''James is doing a wonderful job. Highly entertaining.''

Corden said later: ''I sound like my mum. I wasn't angry. I found it quite disappointing. You should ask him about it but I'm certain he's left.''

Corden had made several of the celebrities presenting awards and receiving gongs the butt of his jokes at the central London ceremony.

(Source)

Yikes. Not good. Sir Patrick sometimes just doesn't know when to shut up, but that other guy was WAY out of line...

A picture (presumably taken before that incident) can be found here.

Oh. Well then. "Crossing swords" is form of male bonding. When two males share a urinal or toilet bowl during urination, the two males cross their pee streams in a manner to harken to the act of crossing swords in battle. They may even have pee fights where they trade stream hits much like jedi trade lightsaber blows.

Source: Urban Dictionary, definition # 2.

*snicker*

I am not sure if sure that headline was chosen deliberately, then. :) It's a Daily Telegraph article, so, it's from a kinda serious source. lol But hey. I'm not complaining! :wub: Male bonding is nice.

Edited by Mrs.Picard

regardless of who was right or wrong it was very intertaining and Sir Patrick even if he does not show his belly still has fire in it!! :)

Haha that's definitely true. He does have a nice belly, though. I think they both should just have shut up and gone on with the award ceremony.

Sir Patrick is going to voice a character in an upcoming animated musical movie! More information can be found here.

Sir Patrick is attending the Philadelphia Comic Con this weekend. Here is a picture from yesterday!

Edited by Mrs.Picard

Sir Patrick was once more at the Philadelphia Comic Con today - and once more Brent Spiner crashed into his Q&A session! Watch the HILARIOUS video over

!

"You don't have to call me sir all the time." "Sorry, sir."

"Do you live with The Queen now?"

"You understand the word qualify?" - "Sir?"

"It doesn't hide the fact that you are Data the android." "SIR Data the android."

Well they have to be careful... it might irritate people at some point that he always shows up and asks stupid questions. :)

Nope, of course not. I just hope the fans won't become irritated at some point that Spiner is stealing their question time. lol (Doesn't look like it, everyone seems to think it's great, but a crowd's mood can change quite quickly.)

I love the "you're Data, the android" part. lol

What made the other one work so well is Data was acting like a stereotypical Star Trek fan but asking technical questions on a non-Trek topic.

For this one Stewart should have said "I remember you... idiot."

Edited by Lt. Van Roy