Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Voyager's 15th Anniversary

Star Trek Voyager was 15 years old yesterday:

Happy 15th Anniversary To Star Trek: Voyager

Star Trek Voyager is fifteen years old today. On January 16th 1995, the fourth-live action Star Trek series premiered on a brand new network, with a new ship, a new captain (the first woman to steer a series), a new crew and a mission to explore a strange new part of space where Star Trek had never been before.

Star Trek Voyager: 15th Anniversary

It was the mid nineties: the era of OJ, grunge music, and the Internet was just taking off. Star Trek: The Next Generation wound up its successful seven year run in syndication, and the cast had moved on to take over the Trek film franchise. Paramount still had Star Trek Deep Space Nine, which started its third season of syndication in 1994. But the studio still held the dream of launching its own TV network, a dream that began in the mid seventies which was going to be fueled by Star Trek Phase II. Two decades later the network was really going to happen and Star Trek Voyager was going to be its anchor show. The series and the UPN network premiered on January 16th, 1995 with the two hour episode "Caretaker" which received excellent ratings (ratings never seen again by Star Trek or UPN).

For the rest of the article, including previews, photos and clips, go to TrekMovie.com.

Happy Anniversary, VOYAGER!!

I would like to join in to celebrate the anniversary, even if my reply is a bit late.

Happy Anniversary Voyager! :)

Thanks for the great characters! :)

Haven't been around in a while, but saw the article here, so let me say, HAPPY FIFTEETH ANNIVERSARY, VOYAGER! You've always been as much StarTrek to me as any other, and personally, one of the best. Kudos to my beloved crew. You will ever sail on, in the hearts and minds of we, your fans.