Sign in to follow this  
Iliana Ghemor

Am I The Only One Who Thinks That It Would've Been

Lately I've been thinking that maybe it would've been easier on voyager andher crew if they could've developed cloacking technology because it woud've avoided some new needless drama

I think that the Federation has always had cloaking technology. The only reason they didn't use it was becuase of that ridiculous agreement with the Romulans. They've probably had it ever since Kirk stole the cloaking device.

Yeah but remeber on DS9 that the Romulans leant the Federation a cloaking device for the Defiant so I think that the agreement was null and void

It wasn't null and void. It was an exception and it required a Romulan officer to be aboard the Defiant.

Well, on DS9 they wound up breaking their agreement with the Romulans to only use it in the Gamma quadrant but at the time Voyager had been lost in the Delta quadrant they didn't even have that agreement yet or if they did it was so brand new and secret that Voyager wouldn't have known about it.

As for Voyager having one, it might have made it easier but it'd have also made it less interesting. With the cloaking device they wouldn't have had a situation to get Seven.

I agree that Voyager having a cloaking device would have made things far too convenient for them. Each time they started through a dangerous part of space they could have just cloaked and cruised on through without anyone being the wiser.