Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Star Trek (2009) - Now Available on DVD

In celebration of this film, along with the Blue-Ray set, we have bought our first BR player. We still do not have a HDTV yet but we're now more motivated than ever to get one.

I bought the 2-Disc special edition first thing yesterday morning. It's great. I bought it at Future Shop, so I got it in a steelbook case, which is really nice.

Since I didn't really like the movie that much I won't be buying a copy. I know other fans that didn't like it are buying it just to have the full collection of Star Trek movies. I was told by one person that I wasn't a true fan because I am not buying it.

I got it from Netflix yersterday and watched it last night, I really wish I was more excited about this movie but all of the things that annoyed me in the movie theater still annoyed me on the DVD and that's annoying.

I won't go into all that again, but I just really wish the movie had been different so I could enjoy it more. I've thought about getting the Blu Ray version but honestly don't see myself watching it many more times if at all.

Those were my same feelings with the film version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy which I saw three times in theaters in the hopes of it changing my mind.

However, not so with this: I thought it was a great movie.

I got the two disc edition from Target, so it came in a special edition case that's actually the Enterprise, the saucer section holds the discs.

4114080924_5cfe058aca.jpg

4114080976_2cef368ae2.jpg

I have my two-disc dvd, and just watched it for the third or fourth time . Chris Pine really nailed the 'Space' intro by Shatner on the gag reel-done in all seriousness as a lead-in.