Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Facts About St10

I got this from another community. . . .

*Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) was invited back to the cast by executive producer Rick Berman after Wheaton spoke with 'Burton, Levar' (Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge) on a special Star Trek edition of NBC's "Weakest Link" (2001/II). Wheaton remains in the end titles although all of his scenes were cut from the final version of the film and he can only be seen as a non-speaking extra during the wedding scene.

*The lowest grossing film in the Star Trek franchise.

*Jude Law was originally considered for the role of Shinzon

*Actor Michael Shanks read for the role of Shinzon.

*Denise Crosby discussed with executive producer Rick Berman the possibility of using her Star Trek: The Next Generation character Sela in the film, but they could not work out a way to properly fit the character into the movie.

*Every previous Star Trek series gets some sort of mention or reference. There's a maneuver named for Captain Kirk from "Star Trek" (1966). There is mention of the Dominion War from "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993). Captain Janeway from "Star Trek: Voyager" (1995) has a cameo. And one of the ships that the Enterprise was to rendezvous with is the USS Archer, named for the captain in _"Star Trek: Enterprise" (2001)_ .

*The wine that the crew drinks at the end of the movie is from Chateau Picard. This is a reference to the Picard vineyard seen in the Star Trek: The Next Generation Episode "Family".

*Cameo: [bryan Singer] guest appearance by the man who directed Patrick Stewart in X-Men (2000) and X-Men 2 (2003).

*The four year interval between this film and "Star Trek: Insurrection" is the longest between Star Trek films.

*Midway during shooting, the captain's chair from the bridge set disappeared, apparently stolen. While the film crew scrambled to find a way to work around the problem, the "Enterprise" (2001) cast and crew shooting in the soundstages next door decided to have a little fun at their franchise-mate's expense: Scott Bakula visited Patrick Stewart's trailer to present him with a makeshift wooden "replacement" chair with the letters K-A-P-T-I-N painted on it.

*Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) had a cameo in the earliest draft of the movie's script. It was scrapped when Ryan got a part on "Boston Public" (2000). The cameo was given to Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway).

*Was originally slated to be a direct sequel to Star Trek: Insurrection.

*Data's cat Spot makes an appearance in Nemesis. The last time Spot was seen was in Star Trek: Generations (1994).

*Instead of choreographing actors throwing themselves across the sets to simulate impacts, sets like the Enterprise-E bridge were built on gimbals to provide the shudder.

*Riker comments that he first saw Data on the Holodeck trying to whistle a tune, but cannot remember which tune. This refers to the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode, "Encounter at Farpoint", and the tune was "Pop Goes the Weasel".

*The flowers behind Picard at the wedding party are stargazer lilies.

*The Reman race is reportedly inspired by Count Orlok from the film Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens (1922).

*Shinzon is an actual Chinese name, chosen by writer John Logan as it continues the trend of Chinese names for Romulan characters (as well as the new Reman characters). Logan admitted that he has absolutely no idea what the name actually means.

*The Remans, who debut in this film, are a side species of the Romulans. According to Roman legend, the founders of the city of Rome were two brothers names Romulus and Remus.

*In an early draft of the script Ashley Judd, was supposed to briefly reprise Robin Leffler, her recurring role from the TV-series _"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)_.

*Shinzon means "heart" in Chinese (Manderin).

*The farewell scene in Picard's ready room, near the end of the movie, had to be re-shot after Patrick Stewart unintentionally started crying. 

*The literal translation of the Japanese word "Shinzon" is "new existence" or "newly exist".

*The first Star Trek movie not to name the cast in the opening credits.

*Jonathan Frakes refused to shave his back for the love scene turned rape with Troi. The hair on his back was digitally removed by an effects house. 

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

The hair on his back was digitally removed by an effects house. 

:) ....man....CGI is scary these days :)

I agree. I can understand why he refused. Men are such wimps when it comes to body hair removal. I remember when I was able to afford to get my legs (and other areas) waxed (BC - before child), the women at the salons would just chat with the technicians while the waxing would be done. It was the men you would hear screaming from the other rooms. :)

Here's another fact that wasn't included. Leah Brahms was going to be Geordi's date at the wedding because John Logan wanted to bring something from All Good Things into the movie but she wasn't shown or mentioned in the final cut.

Speaking of men screaming, you should have been in the waiting room of the Dr.’s office I was at getting the remainder of a toenail I had stubbed the crap out of, removed! :) I still go into a light level of shock whenever I remember back to that dark day.

Speaking of men screaming, you should have been in the waiting room of the Dr.’s office I was at getting the remainder of a toenail I had stubbed the crap out of, removed! :wow: I still go into a light level of shock whenever I remember back to that dark day.

LOL!!

Very interesting (did it happen to mention WHY Patrick Stewert started crying? Just curious...), thanks Master Q!

Very interesting (did it happen to mention WHY Patrick Stewert started crying? Just curious...), thanks Master Q!

I saw an interview with Patrick Stewart where he talked about it. The scene in the ready room where Riker asks permission to disembark was the last scene to be filmed. He said he was just overcome with emotion over the finality of the scene not as Picard saying goodbye to Riker but as Patrick Stewart, realizing this might be the end of the TNG films, saying goodbye to Jonathan Frakes.

saw an interview with Patrick Stewart where he talked about it. The scene in the ready room where Riker asks permission to disembark was the last scene to be filmed. He said he was just overcome with emotion over the finality of the scene not as Picard saying goodbye to Riker but as Patrick Stewart, realizing this might be the end of the TNG films, saying goodbye to Jonathan Frakes.

Very touching!

Interesting list. I like the stuff on the name origins.

Riker has a hairy back?! :blink: I didn't want to know that. tongue.gif

i don't think any of us wanted to know that little detail....ewww..

Speaking of men screaming, you should have been in the waiting room of the Dr.’s office I was at getting the remainder of a toenail I had stubbed the crap out of, removed! :blink: 

Thanks for sharing.

And thank you Master Q for the info. Very interesting.

Riker has a hairy back?! :laugh: I didn't want to know that. tongue.gif

i don't think any of us wanted to know that little detail....ewww..

Agreed

LOL

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Poor guy. if I had a hairy back, I wouldn't want the whole world to know aobut it! (occupational hazard, I guess. hehe, I love that term)