Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

In Memory Of Joe (Ichygoomba)

post-1-1257700740.jpg

Just found out that Joe passed away from complications from Lupus on June 16th, 2009.

RIP Joe. You were way too young and full of life to go like that.

Here is a link to Joe's MySpace where eulogies were posted.

http://www.myspace.com/kingjoeisback

Edited by VaBeachGuy

Just bumping this topic. I can't believe only 2 people besides me care about this........

Kor, someone should bring this to the attention of the admin or a prominent moderator. (I nominate YOU!!) I would think they would want to have a memorial thread or banner...or something.

I don't really think that they don't care. I haven't kept track of how many views this topic has, but I think most people just haven't seen it and don't know about it.

Wow, I was afraid that Joe had passed away when we hadn't heard from him in so long but I didn't have any way to find out for sure. I'm really saddened by this. Way too young to die, not that any age is a good age but just way too young.

Kor, please make a separate posting and PM me the link to it and I'll move it to the portal.

Kor, someone should bring this to the attention of the admin or a prominent moderator. (I nominate YOU!!) I would think they would want to have a memorial thread or banner...or something.

I don't really think that they don't care. I haven't kept track of how many views this topic has, but I think most people just haven't seen it and don't know about it.

I've placed a link to Joe's profile at the very top of the forum. This will be there permanently. Once there's a thread made I'll put that op the portal with Joe's picture as well.

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

Wow... I just noticed this too, and I feel bad for not seeing it sooner.

RIP Itchygoomba... didn't converse with you much myself, but you were a bright light here that meant a lot to many more people here, and in the end, that's what we hope to become with our lives. You did well, sir. Now rest well.

im just not finding out myself.....im just deeply sadded about this....may he watch over us as we keep him in thoughts, our minds, and our prayers.....i just can't believe he's gone. the last i taked to him was last year in the chat talking about old cartoon shows with Guardian and Psy. He was a great friend to many here on STF. I for one will truly miss him.

Just wanted to start a thread about Joe, who passed away from Lupus on June 16,2009.

RIP JOE

this kinda reminds me of what happened to someone i knew from a star trek forum site almost 6 years ago. but thats a story for another time. does anyone know when his birthday is?

nm....anyways, i kinda had some free time on my hands to do this....granted i spent some of it crying....but im sure this feels appropriate...at least this way he knows we all miss him....

post-581-1257699222_thumb.jpg

Haven't been around much of late, but logged on, and saw the sad, and unfortuante news about our fellow member. May I offer my condolences, and regrets at his passing...especially, as said prior, at such a young age.Also to those who were his personal friends, and family, of course. God rest him, and Peace. Take care, all. VR.

He will definitely be missed. I send my best wishes to his family, I know that the loss of a loved one is always hard to deal with, especially someone that young.

My deepest condolences to his loved ones.

Lupus is so poorly diagnosed, and varies in the the effectiveness of those being treated. Charles Kuralt died of Lupus, I believe. But my aunt is in her eighties and has it.

It took me a while to decide how to respond to the news of Joe's death from Lupus. A very close and dear friend died from Lupus and it effected me deeply.

She and Joe were alike in some ways, she too was a fan, they both had a great sense of humor and refused to let the disease that was slowly taking their lives make them sullen, angry or bitter but enjoy the time they had with us. I am sorry that I didn't get to know Joe better but from our few chats and his posts both serious and humorous I always thought that he was a good person and was mature beyond his very limited years. I know a lot of what he went through because as I said a person very close to me died from Lupus. I hope that his family and friends can take solace in that Joe is no longer in suffering physically, mentally and emotionally.

Smooth sailing Joe, you showed strength, humor, class and maturity in your way too short time with us and that from me is the highest compliment.

This is sad beyond words. While I didn't know him as well as most of you, his loss saddens me nonetheless. 29 is much to young to leave this Earth.

My sincerest condolences to his family and to his friends.

You shall be remembered with Honor. I shall howl to let Sto-vo-Kor know a new warrior is on his way. Rrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrr.

RIP Joe.

Can we get a 21 phaser salute?

They (just who are “they” anyway?) say only the good die young, which leaves the rest of us to knock around this silly rock for a time, wondering why. To Joe, “Fair winds and following seas,” or should that be “Fair solar winds and following nebular clouds?”

Anchors aweigh

nm....anyways, i kinda had some free time on my hands to do this....granted i spent some of it crying....but im sure this feels appropriate...at least this way he knows we all miss him....
Nice way to honor our fellow mem, BTW, TJ. Good job.

Very sad news. He had talked about his disease in the past, but for anyone to die that young is a shock and a shame. It should make us all think about how we spend the time on earth that we are given. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP Joe