Sign in to follow this  
Iliana Ghemor

Was the Defiant the best starship in the trek series

Everyone has their own fave, sure,and respect to all, but I would have to-shocker-put NCC-74656 at the top of my list, along with the Enterprise NX-01, the Original 1701, the Ryan Church incarnation for 'Star Trek', and the Enterprise E....but Defiant has bang for the buck!(Just wish it had more room...)

For me it is a tie for the best ship. For just sheer love of the ship the Enterprise NCC-1701 is the best, in a butt kicking firefight I would want the Defiant.

The Defiant was the MEANEST ship in the fleet, imo. Fast and agile with the hardest punch of any ship twice it's size. A warship in every sense of the word, designed for only one thing really, to fight against the Borg. A Federation "Bird of Prey". In any battle I would want the Defiant at the head of the fleet. But the Federation is not a conquering empire and it's ships are mainly designed for exploration. In that sense, the Voyager is my real choice for the best ship in the trek series. So ironically, the little Defiant is the Federation's "big stick".

The Defiant was one awesome ship but actually my 2nd favorite. Even though it was only seen in one ep. of Voyager, I would have to put the Prometheus at the top. I mean, Multi-Vector Assault. C'mon, one ship that becomes three?! That would be a bit harder to overcome. How awesome is that?

There are so many different ways to approach this question.

In terms of sheer beauty and defining Star Trek the Updated Eterprise A from the Motion Picture wins the cup, closely followed by the Enterprise D.

Over the seasons I also develped a sort of fondness for the long sleek elegant Excelsior type cruisers.

The Defiant in all honesty doesn't look all that inspired. Basically a compact disk with a few chunky boxes welded on.

In terms of power too the Defiant only about Equal with the Enterprise D, and apparently the class of Defiant was considered overpowered and overgunned, so we're talking short service caréers here.

The only place I can see Defiant topping a list is in power to cost ratio. And that's only assuming that a Defiant ship is significantly cheaper than a Galaxy.

Defiant scores a point with me on another matter though. It actually was destroyed within the series. But the the writers dropped their balls and gave them a new one in the next epsiode. Yawn!