Sign in to follow this  
Iliana Ghemor

The Intendant

She played it well, and it's obvious she had fun with the character, too. I think they really developed her character well, in terms of making her a mirror opposite to Kira. The Kira we knew was a spiritual woman coupled with self-control. The Intendant, however, was not a spiritual woman at all and had absolutely NO self-restraint.

Of the Intendant, Nana Visitor stated in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion, "It's very much me. I mean, I hope I don't send people to their deaths or anything like that, but yeah, that is more of who I am." Visitor also described the mirror Kira as "a spoiled brat with an ego gone awry." Speaking in 1999, she said, "She was interesting because she was Kira, she's got all you know, it's all the same, everything is exactly the same, except in this other world, her ego is twisted one way, whereas Kira's is twisted another. So where Kira thinks of others, and finds a justification for her life in doing things for other people, the Intendant’s justification for life is in doing things for herself. She is completely the most self involved, self centered person, she's like a child in that sense, which makes her funny, but in her childish way, she cares so little for other people that she thinks nothing of disposing of them, using them, it doesn't matter, which makes her very scary." (Crew Dossier: Kira Nerys, DS9 Season 1 DVD, Special Features)

Source: Memory Alpha.org- Star Trek Wiki

I love Nana Visitor! I think she played the Intendant brilliantly although at times it was rather theatrical. In fact her performance sort of reminded me of Kes (aka Jennifer Lein) in Warloard. Brilliant performance but almost more fit for a play than a show. You can't however deny their brilliance.

I definitely liked The Intendant. For the most part I actually prefer her to the normal portrayal of Kira. I have always thought that it would have been great to see a series, or at least a movie based entirely on the mirror universe.

I think she did well with the character. It was always interesting to see how the actors played the opposite sides of their characters coin.