Sign in to follow this  
jorel

A chance to Live The Dream...

Back in 1996 something amazing happened to me thanks to my fellow Trek fan and USS Tahawus crewmember, Cynthia Merrick. To tell the full story here would take too much room. Years ago I had a website that explained the entire event loaded with pictures but it has since evaporated into the cyber world. I am currently in the process of rebuilding a site to tell the full tale and will keep anyone interested posted on it's progress.

To get an idea of how I landed my spot as an extra on ds9, check out the following link to a page on geocities: http://www.geocities.com/jorel_69/leeza_01.html.

Here's a shot of the one who instigated the event and myself at the dabo table in Quark's.

03.jpg

As I start to rebuild this site, it's bringing back some fantastic memories of the most incredible experience in my life...

Stardate:213795.9

Oh wow you were an extra on DS9 OMG that must of been so cool!!!!!!!!!You luck SOB!!!I cant even begin to imagine what that must of been like!

I agree with Geronimo.You are a lucky Trekkie.I'd love to be an extra on an episode of any Star Trek.Even if it meant a grisly death!(In fact,I'd enjoy seeing myself blasted or run-through!).

Wow..That is just so incredible..You are 1 lucky trekkie..I enjoyed checking out the link that you provided in your post..Make sure you let us know if more of the story and pics become available..I'm interested in checking them out..You are so lucky to have been on DS9..Tell me which episode were you in?

Thanks for sharing this with us! That is so cool and I look forward to the completed website, be sure to keep us updated on it's progress. I too would like to know which episode it was so I can look for you.

The episode is "The Darkness and the Light". You can see Cynthia and myself in the background behind Quark as he's hitting a padd that's saying, "That's two... that's two... " and Kira approaches.

The episode is "The Darkness and the Light".  You can see Cynthia and myself in the background behind Quark as he's hitting a padd that's saying, "That's two... that's two... " and Kira approaches.

I'll have to watch that one tonight. It was never a favorite of mine though so I don't watch it very often. The part where Silaran Prin wants to cut the baby out of Kira always disturbed me.

240x320.jpg

This is so cool! :clap: A star within our midst! We are lucky to have you as a part of our community, thanks for joining and sharing your Trek adventure with us.

You know... if anyone here knows Leeza... and if she wants to do another "surprise".... I think I'd look good with pointed ears :) T'Pol needs a Vulcan love interest :clap:

It's a slow process rebuilding the website with work in the real world eating away more and more hours lately. Thought I'd post a few pics as a little "proof" for some that are skeptical....

11.gif

16.gif

pc09.jpg

pc14.jpg

pc16.jpg

Finally have a rough draft up and ready for your review. The site includes a short version of how I got to be on DS9, the complete story written for the International Federation of Trekkers (IFT) newsletter way back when and lots of pictures from both the appearance on Leeza and in the ST:DS9 episode titled, "The Darkness and the Light"

Jim on ST:DS9

Working on digitizing the video from Leeza show and behind the scenes footage her crew shot. Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Edited by jorel

Oh,you are so lucky,Jorel!I'd love to be an extra on a Star Trek episode!Especially,Deep Space Nine!Oh,well,I still have my fanfic to fall back on(stories in which I'm the star,of course! :thumbs: ).

That definitely had to be an exciting experience and I find myself a little envious as I have always wanted to find a way to be on the Trek even as an extra.

Confirmed. Its Darkness and Light, is it me or did you smerk when Kira walked up? I will watch your pilot, to see for continunity. But I feel you should've made it the first days of the Enterprise before Kirk.