Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Should Pluto Be Considered A Planet?

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pluto Be Considered A Planet?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

Well maybe considering that Roddenberry was known as the "Great Bird of the Galaxy" maybe they could use a greek or latin word that has a close meaning.

That's a good idea!

It is all about how you view the definition of a planet.

In my opinion Pluto has as much right to be a planet as Quaoar, so if Quaoar is just a huge asteroid, then so is Pluto to me.

If, once we begin getting close up looks at other Solar Systems of the same class as ours we see things similar to Pluto; distance, orbital inclinations, mass, and compositions it will be an easy thing to say objects like Pluto are true Planets born of the processes which shape SS development. If not, Pluto’s classification as a planet should be reconsidered, imo.

If, once we begin getting close up looks at other Solar Systems of the same class as ours we see things similar to Pluto; distance, orbital inclinations, mass, and compositions it will be an easy thing to say objects like Pluto are true Planets born of the processes which shape SS development. If not, Pluto’s classification as a planet should be reconsidered, imo.

I agree, It really boils down to the definition of a planet.

Wow! B) 1,000th post!!! B)

Of course that’s one key point that I have been making. We don’t really have a solid definition to what a “planet” is . . . .

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Of course that’s one key point that I have been making. We don’t really have a solid definition to what a “planet” is . . . .

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

And we are going to be at this question for a while, since everyday there is new evidence to support both theories....