Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

USS Enterprise Record Player

USS Enterprise record player satisfies two geeky fetishes

What do you get for someone who's both a sci-fi nerd as well as an audio nerd? This USS Enterprise record player seems pretty close to the perfect choice, no? The huge model of the famous starship plays records and looks awesome, although I'm not quite sure where it would look appropriate in someone's living room.

And since it's just a concept design at the moment, that's probably not a problem anyone will be dealing with anytime soon. Instead, we can just admire the genius of coming these two items into one superitem without having to debate coming up with the inevitably large sum of money to procure it.

post-1043-1250720818.jpg

Where would you get records though?.....lol

USS Enterprise record player satisfies two geeky fetishes

What do you get for someone who's both a sci-fi nerd as well as an audio nerd? This USS Enterprise record player seems pretty close to the perfect choice, no? The huge model of the famous starship plays records and looks awesome, although I'm not quite sure where it would look appropriate in someone's living room.

And since it's just a concept design at the moment, that's probably not a problem anyone will be dealing with anytime soon. Instead, we can just admire the genius of coming these two items into one superitem without having to debate coming up with the inevitably large sum of money to procure it.

post-1043-1250720818.jpg

Where would you get records though?.....lol

From my collection :P

Edited by oldfan1

I think the point I'm trying to make is why release a new product that plays something as outmoded as records? Do they really expect to sell a lot of them? Why not an Enterprise CD player? Thats what I'm wondering.

Lol, CDs are a bit outdated, too, sad to say. Though I keep buying them. *shrugs*

I think records do have a little niche of people who still use and listen to them. Though I think this should at least be a converter, so you can convert your records to digital. That might make it more appealing to a larger consumer base.

You'd be surprised, many people have records because they say that CD's don't capture the same experience or sound you had with the vinyls. CD's don't capture every part of the analog sound, but vinyls do, so they can be more rich sounding.