Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Star Trek 2 (Into Darkness)

The Klingons should be no different in this universe, why would they be?

Yes there would be the augment virus in this universe because ENT events are the only ones still valid in both universes.

Can TPTB at least make the Klingon women horny with big boobs like the TNG ones?

What, with the stinky teeth and hairy eye-brows? They look liked Eastern European female maliche officers or something. Killer thighs lol

My name is Whorta rent'al ni'ght

I hear Gary Mitchell is going to be the next big villan, he's the hot favourite at the moment. In TOS he was like a big mate of Kirk's at the Academy but since this is now an alternate timeline that may not have been the case.

I think in the TOS timeline Kirk went to the Academy a lot earlier and slowly became a captain eventually getting command of the Enterprise. But in this alternate universe (because daddy died) Kirk was a bum for a bit and didn't go to the Academy til a few years later (but luckily enough graduated as a fully fledged captain and got command of the Enterprise - a brand new state of the art ship mind, to someone who had been a cadet a few weeks prior, probably at the same time the Prime Universe Kirk go command, so the two timelines sorta converge a bit only with differences blah blah!!!)

In any event, i digress...

In Star Trek 2, Mitchell may be aboard the Enterprise and may gain his powers in much the same way as in the episode Where No Man has gone before.

What do you think?

Gary Mitchell could be interesting. I would like to see Finnegan turn up too!

Paper sack? I don't quite understand. Can you explain?

If you picked up a girl in the bar (or a girl picked up a guy) and they were say dog ugly a paper sack would fix that. Put a sack over their head.

And you know this from having a paper sack on your head?

It happened so often I started carry my own paper sack. That way I knew I was the only one using it.

Bringing back Kahn, even if it is very well done, would be a very bad idea.

Look, after Nemesis and Enterprise it was a hard-fought battle to bring in new fans, and we aren't at the "Mission Accomplished" stage yet. People liked XI but are still skeptical about fiture instalments. Revisiting Kahn would just be too gimicky and would be interpreted as "Out of ideas already, huh?"

I think they should bring back Khan but not immediately, maybe a couple of films down the line would be good. At the moment I think the people behind the latest film have reclaimed Star Trek from the tired road it was going down and shouldn't have a problem coming up with their own story.

Movies can't get Star Trek moving again. They are too few and too far between. They also have the problem of needing to do profit on their own which means the creative process gets undermined by certain requirements.

You need to catch a youthfull audience and then regularly keep feeding them good material for a long period of time. A television series might have done, but television is struggling with a lot of competition from alternative media today.

Maybe a quality high production value online series might work if anyone would be interested in funding one.

A new series with the new movie cast could work but I doubt TPTB would want to use them in a series, they'd want to use them for 3 or 4 movies, but as much as I didn't like some of the aspects of the new movie (which I just re-watched 2 days ago) I did like the cast and think that they'd bring a good deal of excitement to a TV series.

Star Trek V came out 2 years after TNG went on the air, so that one doesn't count in relation to the movies released before TNG came out.

Compared to the other movies, TMP doesn't stand up but in the day it came out it was a popular movie. Could have been better but we were just happy to have new Star Trek.

III wasn't as good as II and IV was better than it too but I wouldn't call it a stinker.

The movies may have helped to make TNG possible, but it was not the movies that captured the interest of a new young generation in the 80:s and gave new life to the Star Trek cultural phenomenon. The same will be true today. Perhaps even more today as the interval between the movies will be filled with other sci-fi and fantasy offerings. If not Star Wars, then the Hobbit or Avatar or something else. Only an ongoing feed of continuous Star Trek material can have the same reviving effect that TNG had back then.

With the stink from Enterprise still hanging it is yet too early. I would guess Trek need another decade of rest before a serious effort is attempted. The new movies could help to pave the way, but the next one must be better. They must also avoid the trap of making Star Trek generic action sci-fi like the last movie did. This kind almost never makes it to a successfull TV series.