Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

TOS on Bluray

starbly.jpg

I got roped into buying the series on Bluray. I liked the idea that this has a picture-in-picture commentary. The good thing is that this DVD collection has received great reviews, so I guess it isn't that bad to buy this again.

Wow! This DVD is amazing :)

The picture and sound quality is the best that has been released so far. The color is brought out even more and the details on everything really stand out. I am a BIG fan of the picture-in-picture commentary, though it doesn't have it for every episode. While you watch the episode, every now and then a little screen pops up at the bottom right corner. It is someone telling you info about the scene or where they got the ideas. Sometimes it is the guest star of the episode that makes a video commentary. For example, the guy who played Gary Mitchell on the Kirk pilot talks during the episode. The Okudas, Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens, DC Fontana and other famous Trek people also comment. It is way worth buying. They tell trivia about the episodes that I didn't know!

Judy and Gar are faves of mine. Good writers, who I was glad to see on ENT last season. 'Where No Man' has a cool premise as well. I would like to see Gary Mitchell-likely an ensign in Abramstrek-in the next film.