Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Do you eat crabs?

Being from Maryland (originally) crabs were always a part of the summer menu in my house. I even worked in a crab house for about 6 months back in 1986.

Anyway, if you like crabs check this one out. It's a Tazmanian King Crab:

taz2.jpg

Wow!....Wouldn't want to meet THAT crab in a dark alley....lol. But....being from Baltimore....crabs are part of my regular diet.

Wow!....Wouldn't want to meet THAT crab in a dark alley....lol. But....being from Baltimore....crabs are part of my regular diet.

Yeah, with that crab above you could make a meal on just one claw lol

A restaurant near us often has crabcakes Benedict on its breakfast menu - very tasty!

At some Restaurants I've had "Crabcakes" such as Red Lobster or in some other restaurants Seafood Au Gratin (Thats with Chesse in it)otherwise I dont eat Crab that much more of the other crustaceans Shrimps-Scallops-Clams.

Break out the Old Bay and beer.........PARTY TIME!!!!!!!

Red Lobster does not sell crabcakes, they serve some sort of garbage made with canned asian crab meat.

LoveMalePecs1 if you ever come to Baltimore contact me or Kor and we can tell you where to get a REAL crabcake. After you eat a couple of real crabcakes you will never touch one of those red Lobster things again.

How about soft shell crabs? I've only had them a couple times myself, and that was more than 20 years ago.

I salivate at the thought of a soft shell crab! Pan fried and not even half the trouble eating them as hard shell crabs. Put it on a piece of bread with a litle mayo and I'm in Heaven!

Soft shell crabs??? fry them in butter and serve on bread with mayo and a slice of fresh tomato, fandamnedtastic.

Edited by oldfan1

Holy shit!

Does a crab that large taste any good? It must be an old timer as crabs go.

I love crab meat. I but Opelio (or whatever) and king crab from the Wal Mart house from time to time.

MM MMM Good eatins.

That's a mondo crab! I've eaten crab meat, but I've never actually had a whole crab and cracked it open and all that. It seems like too much work for what you get out of it, plus, crabs are so cute and I don't know if I could stare at one in the face while eating it. Lol.

I grew up on the Massachusetts coast, crabs were a dietary staple. And lobsters. And scallops. And quahogs.

Mmmm... clam boils...

OK, you win, but, I still think that huge crab is ugly!!

:)

That's probably because he's naked. :(

That crab needs a coat......................a coat of Old Bay Seasoning B)

I used to love seafood but I got to a point were it was revolting to me so no I don't eat crabs. I can only handle shrimp at this point. I don't know what my problem is.

I grew up in the midwest and crabs were not part of our menu. Hard to find any in Lake Michigan. Plus crabs are a member of the arachnid family and I refuse to eat arachnids, in any shape or form. It may be seafood but my brain keeps telling me "sea insect". So no, I don't eat crabs.

Crabs are crustaceans, a category of arthropods not arachnids therefor they are not insects.

Edited by oldfan1

I think crabs are actually kinda cute lol, but they're also pretty tasty. I try not to eat them though
It's funny that you responded to this thread. I actually just had some crab legs last night lol.

Can't wait for my birthday next month, that's when I buy my first crabs of the season. I'll have some nice cold Copperhead Ale with them.

Edited by oldfan1