Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Celebration cancelled after having second thoughts

:)

On Monday I woke up from a dream that I was at an Eagles game and the crowd was chanting the Eagles chant "E - A - G -L - E - S, EAGLES!!". After I had been awake for about an hour I got a phone call... from the Eagles.

I assumed that they were calling to try to sell me tickets for individual games. I was wrong, they said that they had 8 season tickets available and my name came up on the list. Well, it all caught me a tad off guard and with the way the economy is I hesitated and told them that I'd have to think about it and get back to them.

After pondering it for a day I figured that I'd blown my chance, that all 8 seats would be gone by the time I called them back. So I called at about 9:15 am and talked to them and sure enough they no longer had 8 seats available. They only had 6 available... well now they only have 5 available! :laugh: (Club Level seats I might add :kiss: )

I don't believe I'll be able to make it to all 8 games, I might not be able to make it to any of the games at all but after thinking about it and coming to the conclusion that seeing as I am #16,041 on the list I probably won't pop back to the top of the list ever again so I better try to take advantage and sign the lease... which is a 10 year deal. So I'll have the rights to the tickets for at least 10 years, even if I wind up selling most of the tickets I'll have my choice of which games I might want to go to.

Of course all of this might fall through if they can't wait till tomorrow (the 9th) for payment...

That is great hope you can get them, even if I could get Bear tickets I live about 1500 miles away.

Yeah, I'll probably keep at least 1 ticket for this season (Cowboys, Redskins or Giants) but sell the rest. I'm about 300 miles south of Philly, which isn't too bad to drive... maybe 5 hours but my main purpose in buying them right now is to secure them for the future.

I asked them how my name came up since I was #16,041 on the waiting list and I knew that 16,040 people hadn't given up their seats and they explained to me that sometimes when they get season tickets available they'll go to the list and see who has tried to buy tickets through them recently (within the last year or 2) and if their waiting list number is 1,000 or greater they'll call and see if they're interested in buying. That way, someont that's #16,041 won't have to wait the typical 2,000+ years it would normally take to cycle to the top of the list.

Basically, if I had passed up on this offer I'd never have gotten another chance other than by paying five to ten times more than face value through eBay.

That'll be great VBG, then you can see the Eagles blow it up close and personally!

lol... now, where's that Ban button... :)

lol

Congratulations! Sounds like a dream come true. :)

Congratulations! Sounds like a dream come true. :laugh:

More like a nightmare :)

Congratulations! Sounds like a dream come true. :laugh:

Thanks, though I'm doing what I always do with big purchases... having second thoughts... and third thoughts lol.

The seat that I'd be getting is an awesome section with a great view but thinking about the amount that they cost just has me re-thinking. So since I haven't actually sent the check (the check is NOT in the mail lol) I think I'm going to call and cancel.

More like a nightmare :)

lol No, dream. I've been an Eagles fan since 1978 and have never been able to get to a game yet. I've been to Redskins and Cowboys games, but not the Eagles... yet.

So thanks everyone for the help in a premature celebration... but I think I have to pass for now.... well I should leave the passing to Donovan McNabb lol

Wow, I hope you don't have second thoughts about your second thoughts. :)

Wow, I hope you don't have second thoughts about your second thoughts. :)

lol No, I won't. After thinking harder about it I decided that there were just better things that I could do with the money. I also was told that they make these offers every year and that I could actually get a better deal buying directly from someone that currently owns a season ticket rather than buying from the team. So when the time comes, I'll do it that way.

Yeah...its not as though they were Ravens tickets....... :)

Yeah, there's always plenty of Ravens tickets available. Easy to get any time...

Oh, cool. But you're not going to take them up on the offer? Five hours isn't that far; I'll bet you could get to one or two games a season. And sell the rest on E-bay or Stub Hub or something. Although a single ticket might not sell as well as a pair of tickets would. But if you get a discount for buying season tickets and then sell the tickets at face value, you might even be able to make a little profit. Or is that illegal? Just add some processing fees or something. :) Do the season tickets include potential playoff games?

I had a strange dream a few weeks ago. I was playing for the Eagles against the Aggies (my college team). I was a receiver and I had a pass thrown to me. I bobbled it for a little and considered dropping it because I didn't want to beat the Ags and in this situation, nobody would know that I had done it on purpose. But in the end I hung on to the ball and got brought down. On the next play, I caught another pass, but this time I was in the end zone. And I felt so bad for having scored on the Aggies!

I woke up thinking: "Why the Eagles?" Seriously. I blame you.

Yeah, I could sell the ones I don't go to, that wouldn't be a problem and was my plan. My concern is that I wouldn't get face value for those tickets and would take a sizable bite on them.

There's another way that I'll do it where I'll have to make a big investment up front but can sell the unused tickets for at least twice face value (pretty much guaranteed). So it's better to pass these by, plus I still retain my place on the waiting list. So if all else fails I'll be able to buy cheaper seats in the year 4009 or 4010. I just wonder if I'll have the energy to go to the games at that point... lol

Yeah, there's always plenty of Ravens tickets available. Easy to get any time...

The Ravens sell out every game.

The Ravens sell out every game.

Yeah, but selling 35,000 tickets to fans of the opposing team doesn't count... :laugh:

lol I'm teasing of course.

I've been past their stadium a number of times, but it was back before it was being used. In fact I believe the last time I saw it they were just installing the seats. I was going to the University of Maryland hospital quite a bit back then to visit my nephew in law.