Sign in to follow this  
ensign_beedrill

Favorite way to drink soda?

14 members have voted

1. 1. Well... what's your favorite way to drink fizzy carbonated beverages?

• Aluminum can
    • Plastic bottle
    • Glass bottle
    • Fountain
    • Poured from a can into a cup
    • Poured from plastic bottle into a cup
    • Poured from glass bottle into a cup
    • Intravenous
    • I don't drink soda
    • Other???

I stopped drinking soda a few years ago. Then I started again a few weeks ago. Got me to thinking. I love cans all the way.

I prefer glass bottles (I'm an old geezer) but when was the last time you saw a glass bottle of soda except for a special edition bottle that you want to keep unopened? For the most part I buy plastic bottles unless there is a really great sale on cans.

you can still buy glass bottles at the grocery store for some of the sodas, but they only come in six packs. I just bought some a couple of weeks ago. I have to say, I'm addicted to glass bottles, I guess it reminds me of when I was a kid. The only downer is that the bottles pile up rather quickly and they are everywhere. It's bad when the garbage bag is full of glass bottles. I vote for that, but my second choice would be plastic bottles

I stopped drinking it almost completely about 5 years ago, before I quit though I drank it any way I got it. Can, bottle, glass. Didn't matter to me.

you can still buy glass bottles at the grocery store for some of the sodas, but they only come in six packs. I just bought some a couple of weeks ago. I have to say, I'm addicted to glass bottles, I guess it reminds me of when I was a kid. The only downer is that the bottles pile up rather quickly and they are everywhere. It's bad when the garbage bag is full of glass bottles. I vote for that, but my second choice would be plastic bottles

Are they returnable bottles? I don't know if they even make returnable bottles anymore.

As a kid we used to collect all the returnable bottles we could find and take them to the store for candy money. Five to fifteen cents per bottle, something like that. We also used to collect bags and bags of aluminum cans to to take down to be recycled. I forget how much per pound we'd get for them. Bottles and cans paid for a lot of summer movies though, not to mention a lot of Pac Man and Tron... and the occasional Atari cartridge lol.

From an aluminum can for me, because I don't like drinking from plastic bottles, & Caffeine-free Diet Pepsi doesn't come in glass bottles.

Are they returnable bottles? I don't know if they even make returnable bottles anymore.

I don't think so, doubt it

I quit for a while but stress picked up and needed to be alert at work. I prefer the taste of Mtn Dew in plastic as opposed to can.

I generally prefer drinking from a glass for anything but don't have to wash a glass if I drink straight from the bottle.

It's hard to say which is worse for you - plastic or aluminum because the acid in sodas can dissolve the aluminum the same as plastic.

If I'm out then a bottle (I seem to get more gas than drink from a can :superhappy:) but sat down somewhere then a glass :wine:

Can. The only downside to it is that it only holds 12 oz. A 2L aluminum can would be awesome.

But hard to grip!

Handles, though that might make packaging for bulk shipping more difficult.

You'd also have to make it really small at the bottom so that it can fit into a car cup holder.

I usually drink it out of a plastic 20 ounce bottle when I'm on the go or in class, but at home, I prefer slightly colder than room temp into a glass.

IV drip would be great, especially since it would take about 20 seconds to circulate through the body. But sometimes that wouldn't be so hot. I chose other since I prefer to take either a can or bottle and freeze it until it is just a bit slushy. Though I have been known on a few....well a ton, of occasions to forget about where I left my drink and then its rather explosive. To the point that my mom & brother have rocket launched a few cans of soda into the middle of the yard before they reach critical mass. :flowers: oops. I do offer to clean out the freezer when I blow them up, so hey what else can I say? I got what was coming to me once, so I have been better at remembering after that incident.

I had a Pepsi 2 Liter bottle in the freezer, and it got a bit slushy so I took it outside to where I was singing and dancing (my parents have a large shed where we used to have a music system out there was perfect for karaoke & practicing my dance steps for class). I bent down to open the bottle, because I couldnt hold the frozen bottle in my left arm/hand due to a medical problem. So I held cold bottles between my feet and twisted the caps off with my good arm. It apparently had developed a rather large ice plug, and just think Mentos in soda for the reaction I got when that cap came off! The ice plug flew into my right shoulder leaving a nasty welt and I ended up wearing almost all of the 2 liters of fluid!

Edited by Yillara Skye