Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Michael Jackson Rushed To The Hospital and has died

Remember, there were two separate rounds of mollestation accusations against him. I think he was most likely innocent of the second round stuff for the simple fact his handlers - agents, bodyguards, etc. wouldn't allow it since they knew it was their bread and butter at stake. They knew the media was watching him and would go out of their way to protect it from happening. I think the first round of stuff was true, which is all the more reason to be on guard against future incidents.

You are already thinking different of me for sayin I like his music now.

I doubt anyone thinks differently of you for liking his music - probably many people do. I do think some people draw the line at admiring him or calling him a hero.

Thirty years from now - people probably won't remember him much at all - anymore than you remember famous entertainers from 30 years ago. And while others have been rumored to be pedophiles - Jackson had an actual victim making specific charges. For many people alive today that is what they will remember.

wrong person to say that I won't remember music from 30 years ago to since i'm an avid Beatles fan. :) I'm only 26, Lennon died three years before I was born and his music is special to me today

There are people that will remember him in 30 years, just like they do Elvis. New kids are discovering his music for the first time this week and liking due to all of this press coverage. Anyone can make accusations. It's just as likely that the kid's parents saw the beds and heard stories and decided to be mean enough to try and squeeze money out of him. We don't know. There was also testimony from other people who said that it was all lies

Edited by Stephen of Borg

Well I remember the music from 30 years ago, and I wish I didn't.

Disco. Ugh.

Disco......'shudders'........now I'll have nightmares.......

wrong person to say that I won't remember music from 30 years ago to since i'm an avid Beatles fan

The you should know the Beatles weren't even still a group 30 years ago - it's been nearly 40 years since the breakup. And there are people who don't remember them or really know much about them. But what else do you know about 30 years ago?

I'm trying to remember who was famous 30 years ago - there's LVR's favortie the BeeGees :)

1979 CMA Entertainer of the year was Willie Nelson

According to Billboard the top ten songs of 1979

1. My Sharona, The Knack

2. Bad Girls, Donna Summer

3. Le Freak, Chic

4. Da Ya Think I'm Sexy, Rod Stewart

5. Reunited, Peaches and Herb

6. I Will Survive, Gloria Gaynor

7. Hot Stuff, Donna Summer

8. Y.M.C.A., Village People

9. Ring My Bell, Anita Ward

10. Sad Eyes, Robert John

I would like to say I don't remember YMCA

There are people that will remember him in 30 years, just like they do Elvis.

I wonder how many of those were born after 1978

The pont is - life moves on - we remember references to icons, Elvis in the white jump suit, Marilyn Monroe and the white dress on the subway grate and Michael Jackson's moonwalk but mostly we live in the world of the now.

IMO, Those who really make lasting contributions are those who contribute more than pop culture.

I know about when the Beatles ended and all of that stuff, i was just saying that people do know things of the past. I'm also a big fan of Doo Wop, which was in the 50s.

The Beatles have their own video game coming out later this year on September 9th which will introduce the band this generation. Can't wait for that! :)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I really hope that people don't forget all of these legends. Seems that they won't since fans have kids that become fans. Which is how I got into the Beatles and Paul McCarney is still selling out stadiums and you see people younger than me in the crowd dancing. Good music just doesn't die.

I don't think forgotten is the right word. He will always be remembered at least by a few. His Thriller album sold more than 100 million a lot of grandkids will be getting some of those. also the resurging sales of his music should run that tolal way up again.

Wow such a heated thread.

When I heard of his death I was completely unmoved. My entire life (20-year-old late Generation Y person, here) I had only heard negativity expressed towards him. Never a positive thing aside from the fact that he used to be an amazing entertainer.

I am extremely EXTREMELY protective of children. My biggest fear is death (especially since I'm atheist), but I would lay down my life for any child. A few weeks ago my stepfather grabbed my 6-year-old sister by the neck hard enough to leave a mark. He has a short temper because of a blood pressure problem that causes him to anger easily, but this was a new level for him. Although I heard of it after the fact I still very nearly murdered him in a rage of proportions I had never in my life felt.

THAT BEING SAID, I've read Jackson's life history in light of recent events and now that I know his history and the circumstances surrounding his controversy, I do not find him to be at fault. Did he have issues? Of course. Was he a pedophile that molested children? I seriously doubt it. The psychologist's report was that Jackson was a regressed 10-year-old and that Jackson didn't fit the profile for a child molester. He was abused severely by his father at that age and as he became older and more independent his mind reverted him to the age he was never able to positively experience because of his father.

All in all, take away the abuse he received that caused him to make odd choices later on and nix out the transition from black to white skin as a result of his vitiligo, and all you have left is an extremely successful celebrity that went a bit overkill on the plastic surgery...which sounds very familiar.

Knowing what I do now about his life and death, I do feel more empathy towards him than I previously had.

Edited by Eratosthenes

I heard it i was shocked and sad about it he be remembered and missed

here is a song he did from this movie free willy good song aswell from him

I'm trying to remember who was famous 30 years ago - there's LVR's favortie the BeeGees :)

True story. I'm trying to get one of my monitors replaced at work. Procurement keeps telling me the one I have is good enough for now. Yesterday, in a move that got laughter from all the surrounding cubicles, I said "There's a g-d damn BeeGees sticker on the back!"

I've been watching the coverage on Fox news tonight and a lot of the people are talking about the "shock" of the news of his death. Honestly, I wasn't shocked. When my mother called me and told me that he had been rushed to the hospital and wasn't breathing I just wasn't shocked. Surprised a little because it had just been an hour or 2 that I had learned of Farrah's death so having another big star die on the same day is just a little unusual.

My first thought was "I wonder if it might be suicide because of all the child molestation charges and being financially stressed...", it just wasn't a shocking thing to me. Not expected, as with Farrah but not shocking either.

Looks like things might get ugly, I just saw a report that the mother of the children is now claiming that Michael Jackson didn't father them.

Looks like things might get ugly, I just saw a report that the mother of the children is now claiming that Michael Jackson didn't father them.

My goodness. Is there no one else out there who genuinely wishes for him to Rest In Peace, and to hopefully find peace and better friends in the next life than he found in this one? I mean, I know she's trying to get custody of the children, and that is very important, to see that the children are taken care of, but to go and say that... Y'know, true or not, it's really just pointless, and why the heck didn't she bring it up while he was alive? They could have done a paternity test.

My goodness. Is there no one else out there who genuinely wishes for him to Rest In Peace, and to hopefully find peace and better friends in the next life than he found in this one? I mean, I know she's trying to get custody of the children, and that is very important, to see that the children are taken care of, but to go and say that... Y'know, true or not, it's really just pointless, and why the heck didn't she bring it up while he was alive? They could have done a paternity test.

They spoke more to the reporter that she spoke to and he said that she did claim it before he died as well as claiming it again yesterday. If she presses this issue then I could see a paternity test being ordered by the courts.

They spoke more to the reporter that she spoke to and he said that she did claim it before he died as well as claiming it again yesterday. If she presses this issue then I could see a paternity test being ordered by the courts.

Ok, but is this the same mother who chose to separate herself from the children? I know one of the children's mothers made the effort to be out of their lives.

I'm sorry if it seems I'm more of a fan of Michael than I am. As a radio personality, I do feel a certain amount of serious loss for the industry I work in. But for me, what's galling me more is the lack of common courtesy to the bereaved and fundamental respect for the fact that a human life, which I believe all human life has intrinsic value, is gone. He wasn't the best human being ever, but something of value has been lost.

I just want to thank those on here who have been kind enough in respecting my wishes. I didn't have the right to ask for what I did, but I was just so frustrated by the vitriol I'd seen on this and other forums, I felt I had to say something about it. So, thank you.

Ok, but is this the same mother who chose to separate herself from the children? I know one of the children's mothers made the effort to be out of their lives.

I'm sorry if it seems I'm more of a fan of Michael than I am. As a radio personality, I do feel a certain amount of serious loss for the industry I work in. But for me, what's galling me more is the lack of common courtesy to the bereaved and fundamental respect for the fact that a human life, which I believe all human life has intrinsic value, is gone. He wasn't the best human being ever, but something of value has been lost.

I just want to thank those on here who have been kind enough in respecting my wishes. I didn't have the right to ask for what I did, but I was just so frustrated by the vitriol I'd seen on this and other forums, I felt I had to say something about it. So, thank you.

I don't know any of the details of what happened in the past so I don't know if this is the same woman or not. What I do 'know' is what's being reported now and that's that she's the mother of the 2 older children, she hasn't been involved in their lives for quite some time and she was divorced from him after 2 years of being married (I think it was after 2 years). There was some talk that she had been fighting to some extent for a little while for some kind of parental rights (either visitation rights or custody... I'm not sure on that though).

I can't imagine how it would benefit her though to say that the kids weren't fathered by him other than to gain her custody, by saying he wasn't the biological father would seem (to me at least) to give the Jackson family the ability to limit or sever any financial support that might otherwise have been given to the children. I don't know that they would do that, but it would seem logical that they could if the kids weren't really his biologically and if there were no adoption papers. Of course if that's the fact, that he wasn't their real father and he didn't adopt them then that means that she (the mother) left her 2 children in the care and custody of a man that was not related and had been twice accused of child molestation. I don't see how that would help her gain custody either.

Whichever way this goes though I see the potential for a very ugly, very public display in the coming months and years. There's potentially hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars on the line here and the fight for that money hasn't even begun yet.

YBHYR, why does dying make someone sacrasanct? Why is it necessary to deny or whitewash the facts of their lives once they die?

I never really listened to his music so the newspaper headlines are about all I know of him. Of one thing I am certain, nothing we say will affect whether or not he finds peace - that is beyond our hands.

As regards the children, I thought it was common knowledge his children were conceived in vitro. I feel sorry for the kids - the whole thing is messed up.

As regards the children, I thought it was common knowledge his children were conceived in vitro. I feel sorry for the kids - the whole thing is messed up.

I too have rarely followed Michael Jackson, either his private (public) life or his music so I don't really know what was previously known or assumed but what this woman is claiming isn't that they were conceived in vitro. What she's claiming is that Jackson doesn't have any biological connection to the children whether it be in vitro or by sexual conception. At least that's what I understand she is claiming.

I too have rarely followed Michael Jackson, either his private (public) life or his music so I don't really know what was previously known or assumed but what this woman is claiming isn't that they were conceived in vitro. What she's claiming is that Jackson doesn't have any biological connection to the children whether it be in vitro or by sexual conception. At least that's what I understand she is claiming.

I think they were all in vitro but the fist two with his second wife had donor sperm (at least that's the story I read) but if they were married when she had the child then the child would legally be his (that's usually how the law works). The third one's mother claims he actually was the biological father.

It is a shame such personal details become so public. I still feel sorry for the children. I can only think of one reason these women would give up custody $$$$$$$$$

YBHYR, why does dying make someone sacrasanct? Why is it necessary to deny or whitewash the facts of their lives once they die?
Not permanently. But a human life has intrinsic value, imo. When a life is lost, something of value is missing from the world, whether of great value or little value.

Also, there are people who loved him. People who'll never know we exist, but nonetheless, we can still be respectful to them, on a very simple and basic level. So I think it's an act of class and basic human decency to say little to nothing derogatory while those people haven't even really begun the healing process.

And it is also about character. When we find out someone dies, what does it say about us to immediately go for the jugular about them? I for one believe in paying respects, in some way, even if the deceased wasn't a respectable person in life. It shows we value life, it shows that we know how and when to let go of anger and hate, and it shows that we are not without class.

I never really listened to his music so the newspaper headlines are about all I know of him. Of one thing I am certain, nothing we say will affect whether or not he finds peace - that is beyond our hands.

Agreed, but it doesn't hurt to at least hope and wish it for him.

It shows we value life, it shows that we know how and when to let go of anger and hate, and it shows that we are not without class.

I understand not upsetting people who are mourning - and I once regretted a comment I made about a celebrity to a family member but IMO making honest statements about someone's life isn't disrespecting or devaluing life. Jackson was charged with a crime - that's a matter of public record. There's no emotion attached - it's simply one of the things that happened. It's no more an act of hate to say that than to say there is a presidential election every four years.

I agree life has great value - it is really the only thing with value. But I also don't believe life ends with death and all the death rituals we have are for those left behind - not the dead themselves - they have moved on.

It shows we value life, it shows that we know how and when to let go of anger and hate, and it shows that we are not without class.

I understand not upsetting people who are mourning - and I once regretted a comment I made about a celebrity to a family member but IMO making honest statements about someone's life isn't disrespecting or devaluing life. Jackson was charged with a crime - that's a matter of public record. There's no emotion attached - it's simply one of the things that happened. It's no more an act of hate to say that than to say there is a presidential election every four years.

I agree life has great value - it is really the only thing with value. But I also don't believe life ends with death and all the death rituals we have are for those left behind - not the dead thethey have moved on.mselves -

I have no problem with discussing facts. It's when we start with the hateful flinging at him that I take issue. It was something I was trying to stem before it got out of hand.

That's nice, but you tend to think anything said ill of Jackson is hateful, and I don't really see the need to stem it. Just my 2 cents.

No I don't. Just that I saw where the conversation was heading, and didn't feel we needed to go there. IMO, we were a whisker or two away from going to statements like "he should have been killed long ago", which I have actually seen people saying on other forums.

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker

I think Michael Jackson never grew up, and never made adult decisions. Look at his extravagant spending, and inability to live within his huge income. Look at the whole concept of Neverland. I think his problem with children was another aspect of this. As a child I was rarely in bed with my parents ( only during thunderstorms at a very young age) but I was often in bed with other children...visiting relatives and friends from out-of-state. I remember one time when my sister and I, a friend from out- of- state, a cousin from out-of -state, and a local cousin from town who wanted to join the fun were put in the same bed for a few days during the visits. It took us forever to go to sleep, and that first night my visiting cousin had managed to slip a boiled egg under my pillow. It caused quite a brouhaha the next day...the height of silliness in retrospect. I think in Michael Jackson's mind, this is what he was doing. I do not think this is healthy, but I do not quite believe he was a pedophile.

I do feel sorry for his family for their loss, but they have been in the public eye for a long time, and through Michael Jackson's many trials and tribulations. I do not believe they were completely taken by surprise, especially not his mother.