Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Star Trek Movies On Bluray

The Future  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is It Worth Buying The Star Trek Movies on Bluray?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Did anyone else get the new Bluray Trek movies? Any improvements in Bluray or not? I've head that the only really good thing is that they have remastered TWOK for Bluray. I just got the movies on Bluray, so I can't give my opinion. Bluray! ( Just had to say it one more time, lol)

Edited by Stephen of Borg

I will be buying them this summer.

I can't wait to watch them again.

If I can find time between baseball games. :laugh:

I've reached a decision point here. I would like to start building my library of movies. But do I get DVDs or Blu Rays? Do I wait and see if other Star Trek series are going to be released on Blu Ray? Is Blu Ray going to become ubiquitous in the future and will DVD become obsolete? I don't want to buy a bunch of movies that will be in an obsolete format in a few years. The thing is, I don't have a Blu Ray player.

I honestly don't care that much about the video quality as long as it's good. I can't tell the difference. I can differentiate between good and bad and that's about it. I figure the DVD quality is good enough for me. What I care about is having a collection that is not considered antique in ten years.

Gummy... baseball games? Do you go to Yankees games? I love baseball.

it's which ever you feel like buying. DVDs won't be obsolete because Bluray plays regular DVDs. It depends what you want. If you want a better pic quality, Bluray is usually the best pic. If you want the newest special features such as behind the scenes and interviews, Bluray is the pic. If you don't care about that and just want the movies, DVDs are fine.