Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Which is the best Star Trek movie to date?

Which is the #1 (best) Star Trek movie?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. The #1 Star Trek Movie

• Star Trek The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek III The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek IV The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek V The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek: Generations
    • Star Trek: First Contact
    • Star Trek: Insurrection
    • Star Trek: Nemesis
    • Star Trek (2009)

I just picked the new one cause its freshest in my mind. its a hard choice though, so many i really like.

Edited by cptwright

I can't tell you my favorite...I love them all. I CAN, however, tell you my least favorite. That one's obvious: Star Trek V: The Final Frontier!!!

Edited by Eratosthenes

Allow me to clarify why I like each one so much...

TMP: a Great re-introduction to the crew, the ship, and a nice update on what's been happening over a decade.

TWOK: KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!!

TSFS: I liked seeing how far the crew would go to save Spock. To borrow a phrase from Stargate, "We never leave a man behind."

TVH: Made ABSOLUTELY no sense, but made up for it with hilarity! :laugh:

TFF: .....

TUC: I really love how dynamic everything feels in the movie. Also the production values were excellent (best of all of the TOS movies I think) and it gave a nice segway into the Klingon-friendly next generation of explorers.

GEN: Data was hilarious (maybe sometimes creepy), I loved the TOS tie-in, I loved the villain, the crashing sequence was cool...I liked it a lot more than I disliked it.

FC: The Borg colflict was excellent. I get chills at the beginning every time. Seeing the circumstances surrounding Zephram Cochrane's maiden flight was really cool.

INS: I think that of all of the movies, this one's most in-keeping with Star Trek's message. It puts the Prime Directive center-stage and really sticks to some of Starfleet's core values.

NEM: I have to say, the opening title sequence was corny, BUT beyond that it just kept getting better and better. The death at the end was both touching and believable, regardless of how much I like the character.

ST: Well what can I say? It's awesome! I've seen it 5 times. :elephant:

Well, then, I am going to use the "take *on* a date definition and say The Wrath of Kahn. That way when my date wants to see The Proposal or some stupid chick flick like that I can take my portable DVD player and some headphones and not have to listen to Sandra Bullock's kissy-wissy dialogue.

ok, my favorite to least favorite

First Contact

The Undiscovered Country

The Voyage Home

The Wrath of Khan

Star Trek

Generations

Nemesis

The Search for Spock

The Final Frontier

Insurrection

The Motion Picture

Doesn't Alterego's new avitar look l.ike the Sandpeople from Star Wars?

To me, there were a lot of things in the movie that reminded me of Star Wars.

Yeah, probably a few too many homages to Wars in it. Perhaps Wars will now return the favor and add more plugs for Trek in its TV series.

Yeah, probably a few too many homages to Wars in it. Perhaps Wars will now return the favor and add more plugs for Trek in its TV series.

I'm not saying that it's necessiarily a 'bad' thing. I'd just rather keep the 2 franchises seperate. One is "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." while the other is supposed to be our own future. Not a real big deal, subtle little things like a tiny ship in the far off distance to pay tribute to the other franchise can be 'cute'.

I just wouldn't want to see major themes or attitudes merge over.

It for me would have to be 'Star Trek'...it's where my mind and focus is, so...but in past Treks, I'd have to rank them ''Nemesis'', ''Undiscovered Country''...I should probably throw in ''Khan''....or get tossed out an airlock. Heh heh. It does have those great battles, and high drama...VERY high drama-as in the ending...thankfully undone!!!

*hides the egg*

i have no idea what your talking about.....lol

for me it'll have to be first contact. mostly because not only you'd get to see the defiant for the first time, but also see picard actually "snap" and become as almost as obsessed as Captain Ahab hunting for Moby Dick.

*hides the egg*

for me it'll have to be first contact. mostly because not only you'd get to see the defiant for the first time, but also see picard actually "snap" and become as almost as obsessed as Captain Ahab hunting for Moby Dick.

Defiant had actually been around for a while by the time of First Contact. It's first seen in the first episode of season 3 "The Search".

Wrath of Khan is only pulling forty percent? We gotta' take this fight to the message boards and stuff the ballot box! C'mon!

Oh... wait.

KHHAAAAAANNNN!

TWOK connected back to the original series with the charismatic villain Khan as portrayed by the great Ricardo Montaban. The actions and machinations of Khan and Kirk against each other were extremely enlightening. The action was exciting and the great sacrifice at the end continues to bring a tear to my eye each time I view it. This movie really energized the franchise, and without it's huge success imo, the franchise might not have continued, or had the opportunity to be re-energized with the most recent movie.

Edited by trekz

*hides the egg*

Technical time :laugh:

In the Alien movie franchise, "hugger" aliens are born from alien eggs which attach themselves to a person's face, impregnating the person standing around them with eggs. Which eventually causes the baby aliens to burst through the person's chest, killing that person. A painful way to die for sure

See, it is worse than being tossed out an airlock!Thanks, Stephen..I think. Ugh. RIIIIPLEY!!!! Help!! LOL. Seriously, though, re 'Khan', I was at Trekcore yesterday, and they have put up these fantastic-looing screencaps, in HD version, of the film It looks terrific that way. I have never seen it so, actually my vid collection is woefully small, for ex, but to the point, it reminded me that yes, it was a major film-and worthy, to be sure!-of inclusion in my best of..I guess I have seen it so many times over the years, that, well...anyhow, it has to me among the best space battles in the films-not that this element is the be-all-end-all, or should be..but everyone remembers the Mutara Nebula sequences, and before. A fave shot for me was when 1701 is cruising far above Reliant in the huge gas cloud....and of course....ENTERPRISE coming up over the other vessel from behind...

Seriously, though, re 'Khan', I was at Trekcore yesterday, and they have put up these fantastic-looing screencaps, in HD version, of the film It looks terrific that way. I have never seen it so, actually my vid collection is woefully small, for ex, but to the point, it reminded me that yes, it was a major film-and worthy, to be sure!-of inclusion in my best of..I guess I have seen it so many times over the years, that, well...anyhow, it has to me among the best space battles in the films-not that this element is the be-all-end-all, or should be..but everyone remembers the Mutara Nebula sequences, and before. A fave shot for me was when 1701 is cruising far above Reliant in the huge gas cloud....and of course....ENTERPRISE coming up over the other vessel from behind...

The Mutara Nebula sequence is great. That exchange between Spock and Kirk about two demensional thinking is perfect as they drop down below the Reliant then reappear behind it. Plus the trick of getting Reliant to lower its shields. Plus one of Khans crew suggesting that they go off with the Genesis device and the Reliant and Khan replying "No, he tasks me! He tasks me and I shall have him! Great dialog and action from a great movie!

*hides the egg*

And Patrick Stewart's next role after that was as... Captain Ahab hunting for Moby Dick.