Sign in to follow this  
Voyager recruit

Trek XI soundtrack-Do u have it? (Review)

I purchased Michael Giacchino's score for the new film around the time I saw it..which I definitely enjoy. Anyone else? Opinions? To me, the theme, while different, and naturally, it would be, is a good one. I am glad to place it alongside Jerry Goldsmith's work, and others..such as of course Alexander Courage, whose TOS theme was in my opinion WELL DONE by Michael. The soundtrack is predominantly action-oriented...and it delivers. The Narada motif is a fitting one, ominous enough to me....but what grabs me most, along with the Main Title, is ''Enterprising Young Men'', which in part features overture of the main theme-as is used , as many who have seen the film could recall, quite often in the movie. I do not tire of it. But, it's the fast-beat percussive work, if I am describing this correctly, of what is the central piece of this track-VERY heroic, and it frankly gets my blood pumping to listen to it, conjuring up images for me, of the Enterprise rushing to, and into battle, of Jim and Spock's derring-do....I had a similar feeling, when listening to 1701-E blazing in to help the Defiant, and 'whack' the Borg cube in Goldsmith's 'First Contact'...or Luke Skywalker-dare I mention the film!(Grin) heroics in the SW soundtrack....and this theme, interweaved with the Main..a wonderful piece! .....The music for George and Winona generates memories of seeing their moments together-and the theme for these scenes easily takes the place of sound, as the Kelvin..well, I'll say no more there.Very appropriately touching....there is also, to note another particular motif, which seems to echo what I suppose is Vulcan-some string or unusual instrument, or alteration, which evokes a sense of the alien...well, for what it's worth, there is my take on the soundtrack. I look forward to Michael trying to top his first Star Trek outing-which to me was a fine addition to any Trekmusic fan's library.....

Edited by Voyager recruit