Sign in to follow this  
Mike

J.J. Abrams, Leonard Nimoy and Chris Pine Talk New Star Trek Movie

DailyComet.com posted an article on the new Star Trek movie, with quotes from director J.J. Abrams, and stars Leonard Nimoy and Chris Pine, and here are few excerpts.

"The key to this movie was to be inspired by, embrace and honor eve-rything that's come before, but with the first scene in the movie, we say we are going somewhere else," Abrams said. "It eliminates that prequel dilemma of having it be just exposition because you know who lives and dies and how it plays out.

"This history has not been written, so it is beginning anew, and it is ex-isting concurrent with the ‘Trek' that fans love. If they don't like this movie, this movie acknowledges that that timeline is legit, and go watch it. Go check it out. It'll be on Blu-ray soon."

Leonard Nimoy thinks the franchise is back where it was in 1982, when The Wrath of Khan provided a creative makeover after The Motion Picture proved visually dazzling but dramatically sterile.

"After the first film, I felt that ‘Star Trek' was a beached whale, and the second movie put it back in the water," Nimoy said. "This film hopefully will do the same thing."

"I never wanted to watch ‘Star Trek' because I always felt alienated from ‘Star Trek.' I always felt it was not my world. It was the fans' world. The fans had built this kind of im-penetrable wall around their beloved series," Chris Pine said. "J.J.'s come in and broken that wall down a little bit, and I'm hopeful ‘Star Trek' will be open to a whole new generation of fans. Different types of people who never felt they would be fans."

The full article is here.

TrekWeb Article Link

Thank you for the post, Mike! This TOSer accepts this new vision...and it does open up 'possibilities'. Heck, I find myself wanting to see more of Robau, George Kirk, and the Kelvin, before...well, you know...hmmm...writer's brain engaged...and for the Young Kirk, Spock, and co. as well...

Thank you for the post, Mike! This TOSer accepts this new vision...and it does open up 'possibilities'. Heck, I find myself wanting to see more of Robau, George Kirk, and the Kelvin, before...well, you know...hmmm...writer's brain engaged...and for the Young Kirk, Spock, and co. as well...

Agreed. I'm looking forward to the next film as well.

Agreed. I'm looking forward to the next film as well.

Same for me. And in a shocking, I never would have expected it in a million years turn of events; so does my Dad! :rantoff: Wonders truly never cease.