I watched the new movie yesterday.

It wasn't as bad as I expected, I've had my doubts about re-cycling TOS. I have to admit that I liked it in a way, at least when it comes to entertainment and action and I must also admit that it didn't give me the bad feeling I got when I watched "Nemesis" some years ago.

I think that the movie is OK as sheer entertainment if you simply want an exciting, action-loaded movie whatsoever with old Trek characters as the "good guys". The actors were doing a good job and those in charge of the movie had obviously did their best to get actors who had some resemblance to the original characters as we are used to see them in TOS. The actors were OK when it comes to portraying the old favorites.

But there were too much screwing-up of established Trek history there to annoy me.

First of all, mr Abrams: Would it have been totally impossible to bring in Okuda as advisor or at least read through "Star Trek Chronology" before making this movie? Most of us Trek fans are a bit protective when it comes to established Star Trek history. To simply abandon all that by simply create "an alternate timeline" was a too easy way out..

With that said I must state that:

The destruction of Romulus and Vulcan was bulls**t, to say the least. Totally unnecessary. Not to mention the silly Stardates. On the positive site was that events like the Eugenic Wars and things that never really has happened when they should have happened according to established Star Trek history seems to have been postponed and moved into the future which makes more sense. But the destruction of planets so important to the Trek universe? No!

Another thing is that..........I sometimes I didn't get the feeling that I was actually watching a Star Trek movie.

OK, we did have Kirk, Spock and the old heroes there. But this movie's Kirk could have been Jimmy Jones, Scotty could have been McGregor and Spock could have been Ixtyl from the planet Vorn and the movie called "Defending The Empire" and it would all have been the same. A good, entertaining SF-movie with lots of action but nothing more.

So I have mixed emotions about the movie. As sheer entertainment, it's good and if it gives Star Trek some good publicity and creates new interest for the whole phenomenon, than it's OK too and I could easy imagine to watch a similar movie if possible.

But if future movies, series and books will be created on the basis of this movie and the screw-ups of established Trek history, then I don't know if I'm that interested.

For the entertainment as such, I'll give it 3 points out of 5.

As for being a Star Trek movie, I'll give it 2 points out of 5.

I watched the new movie yesterday.

It wasn't as bad as I expected, I've had my doubts about re-cycling TOS. I have to admit that I liked it in a way, at least when it comes to entertainment and action and I must also admit that it didn't give me the bad feeling I got when I watched "Nemesis" some years ago.

I think that the movie is OK as sheer entertainment if you simply want an exciting, action-loaded movie whatsoever with old Trek characters as the "good guys". The actors were doing a good job and those in charge of the movie had obviously did their best to get actors who had some resemblance to the original characters as we are used to see them in TOS. The actors were OK when it comes to portraying the old favorites.

But there were too much screwing-up of established Trek history there to annoy me.

First of all, mr Abrams: Would it have been totally impossible to bring in Okuda as advisor or at least read through "Star Trek Chronology" before making this movie? Most of us Trek fans are a bit protective when it comes to established Star Trek history. To simply abandon all that by simply create "an alternate timeline" was a too easy way out..

With that said I must state that:

The destruction of Romulus and Vulcan was bulls**t, to say the least. Totally unnecessary. Not to mention the silly Stardates. On the positive site was that events like the Eugenic Wars and things that never really has happened when they should have happened according to established Star Trek history seems to have been postponed and moved into the future which makes more sense. But the destruction of planets so important to the Trek universe? No!

Another thing is that..........I sometimes I didn't get the feeling that I was actually watching a Star Trek movie.

OK, we did have Kirk, Spock and the old heroes there. But this movie's Kirk could have been Jimmy Jones, Scotty could have been McGregor and Spock could have been Ixtyl from the planet Vorn and the movie called "Defending The Empire" and it would all have been the same. A good, entertaining SF-movie with lots of action but nothing more.

So I have mixed emotions about the movie. As sheer entertainment, it's good and if it gives Star Trek some good publicity and creates new interest for the whole phenomenon, than it's OK too and I could easy imagine to watch a similar movie if possible.

But if future movies, series and books will be created on the basis of this movie and the screw-ups of established Trek history, then I don't know if I'm that interested.

For the entertainment as such, I'll give it 3 points out of 5.

As for being a Star Trek movie, I'll give it 2 points out of 5.

Exactly my sentiments.