Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

compugeek63

Hello from Star Trek The Romulan Wars

Hello all, My name is Lee Gartrell. I am new to the post and I am a hardcore Trekkie (Trekker). I seen this site and decided it was time to join. Not real good at this stuff but trying.

Ah,,let me see; Me and some friends are producing a fanfilm "Star Trek: The Romulan Wars" based after Enterprise era. We have worked on this fdor about a year and finally

learning how to do the sfx and filming stuff that non of us have done before. I am working on learning 3d animation and film making as a hobby. I loved the Enterprise series and I

think it got a RAW deal. ANyway, I am here trying to recruit any help possible for our film as we are all fans and trying to make a decent show. I'd love your criticisms,likes, dis-likes

on the subject and any or all help I can get with our series. If you would like to email me with you ideas or whatever, please do so. Also, if you would like to look at our site, Yell at me.

I thought I shouldn't post that until I find out weather I am permitted to or not. Thanks All

Lee

Good for you, Lee!! Like yourself, it seems, I , too, am an Enterprise fan; it was and is a worthy part of ST, and I liked looking back to see how it al began before Kirk and Spock and McCoy and the gang. I do hate seeing it get 'bashed', oftentimes, but it doesn't stop me. I think it's terrific that you have taken on the challenge of creating a Romulan War story(I just bought a copy of Martin and Mangels' ''Kobayashi Maru' from the STE novel series a few days ago-along with the Alan Dean Foster book of the new film.) Best wishes with your project! BTW..WELCOME!! to stf. Have fun here, eh? Keep on Trekkin'!

Hi Lee and Welcome aboard :roflmao: compugeek63! I'm always impressed when other fans produce original work, with their imprint & impressions. Way to go! Keep posting, keep us posted, and enjoy the site!

Hello there and welcome! You should go ahead and post the link. :roflmao: I might be able to jump on board with you.

Assets:

~ Traditional Art Supplies

~ My Digital Command Center

~ My Trek Collection

Artwork (not all-inclusive):

~ Traditional 2D Art

~ Traditional 3D Art

~ Digital Art

~ Photo Manipulations

~ Videos (that I've uploaded to YouTube)

~ more...

I can achieve better realism than seen in all of these links I just provided, so that's not a problem. I also might be buying Adobe CS4 Design Premium soon (includes InDesign® CS4, Photoshop® CS4 Extended, Illustrator® CS4, Flash® CS4 Professional, Dreamweaver® CS4, Fireworks® CS4, and Acrobat® 9 Pro plus extras).

I've also had some limited experience in filming/acting/the whole nine yards. I've seen every episode of every series multiple times, I own every movie, and as you can tell from above I have a fair collection, as well.

I have a firm grasp of mathematics and the sciences, as well, so if you need any advisement in that area I can help out (I'm heading towards an Arts & Technology Major now, but I was previously studying for a Major in Astronomy at UT Austin, so I've taken many science/math courses).

Hmm let's see, what else...I played in band and I have a good ear for tuning and all that, in case you guys had special background music or something (dunno if you do) I could point out problem areas.

Oh jeez I'll stop selling myself now...wow. If you want to know more I have plenty to say.

Welcome aboard!

post-4666-1242875057_thumb.jpg

First of all,thanks for all the warm welcomes. Second, Our first 2 episodes were not up to par as far as I'm concerned but, we don't have the resources that Hidden Frontier or Phase II have but, we are constantly growing.

Our website is www.stromulanwars.com. As for the story; well, as i said it takes place a couple of years After Enterprise and we will have ties to that series though their are some things we will have to make up as we go. Right now we are working on new sets, more and better cast members and trying to get the word out for help however we can. Our goal is to do 6 episodes per year over 4 years. We have rebuilt our bridge set and added several other sets. As for the stories?scripts,right now we have 11 in the works. We work mainly out of pocket and through the help of a few donations we get to help pay for rent,building sets and paying the rent. We got extremely lucky and got a newer church that went bankrupt about 10 years ago. It is owned by some great people who now use most of it for storage and have rented us the main gathering area for our studios. It has been a chore for sure with electrical problems,water damage etc as it hasn't been taken care of since it was built about 18 years ago. So we are rewiring it for part of the rent and trying to keep everything up. We plan on starting to film new episodes starting the end of this next month with 5 new actors from all over the USA Including one actress entering the role of our new nemesis;Commander Senak who is as deadly as she is beautiful. Also, we are having made several new Enterprise Era costumes and have had a couple donated to us from the UK and the USA. We are still looking for people for doing art work for us such as posters,banners,etc and anyone who would like to "beam" on down during our filming schedule and help out. My or should say OUR big thing at the moment is to get help with the production. We lack alot in skills of movie making including green screening. Whats been done I have taught myself through help from different individuals who have donated time to help.

Eratosthenes, you said you might like to join,I'd love to get you onboard to help us in the art department for one thing for sure. Anyone else who might like to help just send me an email and I will respond asap. At this time, Our schdule to film is June 26,27 and 28th. Its pretty much an open house the 26th where anyone who wants to come down can meet the crew and join us for dinner as we prepare for filming the next day. So,there you are, a bit about our show. We hope to hear more from all of you and again,,thanks for all of the nice comments and welcomes.

Lee

STRW_Returning.bmp