Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silverstar

Greetings

Greetings to all!

Quick bio... Married, two kids (12 year old and a 15 month old), happy hubby who bends to some of my quirks (like discovering my secert life of Transformer and ST fandom lol). Homeschooling oldest with plans to continue to do so with youngest and any other we may add.

Was born in '72 so grew up watching ST by syndication and even remembering catching ST cartoon on Saturday mornings. Seen most of the movies, and TNG. Unfortunately didnt always have the opportunity to watch DeepSpace 9, or Voyager as much as I wanted to. Did not get into Enterprise, though Scott Bakula had been a fav actor for me since Quantum Leap.

Ok, so I think I've probably established myself as maybe just a lil more than an average viewer, but probably not your die hard as I have yet to join StarFleet (who knows we may lol, I was checking out the real life scholar ships they offer-- hey as a parent got to watch for anything that could help pay for my oldests potential college career).

I liked the look of this web site and it has a nice feel of "how do ya do" folk. I look foward to exchanging posts and getting to know yall....

:superhappy:

Welcome aboard! I'm a huge DS9er as are a few others around here so I urge you to check it out in detail, I grew up on TOS and the Animated Series as well but after watching DS9 it quickly becaome my favorite of all of the series.

Welcome aboard i grew up on startrek, some episode you can see online.. Hope you like it here.I even put in pic me and my favorite movie back to the future..

post-761-1290891717_thumb.jpg

post-761-1290891832.jpg

post-761-1290892082.jpg

OK, so how does homeschooling work? Our public schools suck, but I don't really see homeschooling as a viable alternative. It seems a private school would be better.

My dad had a semester of community college. My mom had a high school diploma but probably would have settled for a GED had they been around then. Let's just say that had they decided to homeschool me I probably wouldn't have been on the fast track to Harvard.

It seems to me the intelligence and education of the parents is a limiting factor that you wouldn't find in private school. Is this valid?